Anyone been the 3rd/4th on Dream?

gettingready

Just found out the 3rd and 4th person are expected to share a pull out couch in our outside room. this is NOT a good thing as they are brother and sister in their teens sooooooo the only thing I can figure would be for mom and Dad to take the pull out couch and give the kids the 2 regular beds. OH BOY :(

Has anyone shared that pull out sofa bed? How big was it and was it comfortable? Also I can't see a couch in the room photo, is it under the window?

Thanks for ANY light you can shed on this - of course NCL is telling me to deal through my TA who of course I can't reach!

Alex

Just found out the 3rd and 4th person are expected to share a pull out couch in our outside room. this is NOT a good thing as they are brother and sister in their teens sooooooo the only thing I can figure would be for mom and Dad to take the pull out couch and give the kids the 2 regular beds. OH BOY :(

Has anyone shared that pull out sofa bed? How big was it and was it comfortable? Also I can't see a couch in the room photo, is it under the window?

Thanks for ANY light you can shed on this - of course NCL is telling me to deal through my TA who of course I can't reach!

Alex

What deck are you on? We were on Deck 7 in a outside stateroom. My son and daughter-in-law slept on the couch bed. The bed had enough room for them, although not comfortable because of sagging. The steward had offered a "board" to put underneathe, but we did not bother to make the request to have it done. The couch is in the "sitting room" on the left side facing the dresser and TV; the window is to the left of the couch. The couch seats 3 people comfortably, so I don't think it is a full-size couch.

I am not sure if there are bunk beds on the Dream, perhaps in the inside cabins. We were on the Dream's twin, the NCL Wind, in a quad inside cabin a few years ago and there were 2 sets of bunks in the room. Try viewing the inside cabin video cam of the Dream.

. :) :)

We are on deck 8, outside room - so I am guessing it is the same as yours. Do you think I should ask for a board right away as we are use to a firm mattress and so that would be helpful.

Ask at the reception desk after you get on board, you may or may not see your room stewards right away. If they can't help you, ask to leave a note for the Executive Housekeeper, Manuel O Neil.

:)

Things may have changed since we were on the Dream years ago. (Actually, she was still named Dreamward then.) At that time, the sofabed, when opened, was very close to the floor. I remember this as our son was a toddler at the time, and I had no concerns about him rolling off the bed as it wasn't a long way down.

Does anyone know if this is still true? I want the OP to be prepared in case it is.

Bumping in case anyone can give more info as it is the same for me -- 4 in an outside room.

Thanks

Chloe

The only solution is to upgrade to a suite if you can, or the parents will need to sleep on the sofa pull-out and the kids on the beds if they need to be kept separate.

What if one teen slept on the sofabed (without opening it up) and you got a rollaway for the other teen? Of course, this would depend upon how long the sofa is compared to the height of your child.

The cabin will be large enough to accommodate it. We had a crib in there on one cruise and we still had ample space.

Hoping someone can answer some questions about a rollaway as that sounds like something that would work for us and our two teens.

How would one get a rollaway?

Should I request one BEFORE we sail or ask when we get there?

Is there an extra charge?

What happens to the bed suring the day? I am worried about the space.

Thanks for your help!!

Samantha

What if one teen slept on the sofabed (without opening it up) and you got a rollaway for the other teen? Of course, this would depend upon how long the sofa is compared to the height of your child.

The cabin will be large enough to accommodate it. We had a crib in there on one cruise and we still had ample space.

I doubt if there is enough room for a rollaway. We were in a view cabin which could accommodate 4 people. We had to ask the steward to take out a stool and a chair in order to open the sofabed. The "full size" sofa is not really a full size. It can only sit 3 adults.

I really don't know if NCL has rollaways to offer. You can e-mail passengercourtesy@ncl.com to find out.

Archived