Rays, Reef, Rum Point vs. Captain Marvins Two Stop Stingray/Snorkel

Car80

Help! Has anyone done the Rays, Reef, Rum Point with Native Ways RECENTLY? I saw some questionable reviews a while back just with regard to Rum Point. Or should we just do the snorkel and sting rays and then go to seven mile beach??? It will be myself and my 6yr old daughter! I welcome any and all input!!!

Oh and I am not big on huge crowds although I understand it will be crowded around the Sting Rays.

Thanks in advance!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Help! Has anyone done the Rays, Reef, Rum Point with Native Ways RECENTLY? I saw some questionable reviews a while back just with regard to Rum Point. Or should we just do the snorkel and sting rays and then go to seven mile beach??? It will be myself and my 6yr old daughter! I welcome any and all input!!!

Oh and I am not big on huge crowds although I understand it will be crowded around the Sting Rays.

Thanks in advance!!!

We have done the Rays, Reef and Rum Point with Native Ways in August. We thoroughly enjoyed our day and time with Native Ways. Stingray City was awesome and the snorkeling was lot of fun. We found Rum Point to be very scenic with its large casuarina pines gracefully cascading over the beach and lounge area. However, to be perfectly honest with you, although we enjoyed the tropical surroundings of Rum Point, we were not impressed with the beach. We found the beach area to be quite small and the water was not only very warm, but also somewhat murky and seaweedy--not crystal clear like it was at Stingray City or like our last experience at Seven Mile Beach. I do not know if the “unclarity” of the water is typical of Rum Point Beach or if we were there on an “off day” but in any case we were disappointed by the beach. We also found entering the water to be quite rocky with sharp rocks.

Rum Point is a great place to relax on a hammock or rest in a lounge chair while soaking up the tropical beauty all around you, but if you are looking for a nice stretch of white sand beach and crystal clear water to go swimming in, then Seven Mile Beach would be the better choice.

In any case, if you would like to see photos and video clips of our Rays, Reef and Rum Point excursion with Native Ways, you can check out my YouTube video by clicking on the link below.

Archived