Celebrity smoking policy "yeay"

clamdigger

Celebrity does that itinerary because they are forced to by US law, nothing they can do about it.

We did LA-Hawaii-LA on Summit in 2006 with only a brief stop in Ensenada late at night. No one was even able to get off. So, unless something has changed Celebrity can do a round trip US as long as they make the Ensenada service call.

If a smoking area is full and a table is occupied by one non smoker should a person looking to have a smoke;

A) sit and light up

B) ask, then sit and light up

C) ask the person to move to a non smoking section as smoking areas are limited

D) go smoke somewhere else

I'm a non-smoker, and I would answer A. If I'm sitting in the smoking section, it's because I'm with friends or family that smoke. Occasional smoke doesn't bother me. You should feel free to sit and light up. I will personally try to be considerate of the limited chairs for smokers though.

Re smoking in the port side of the sky lounge, I found the information by "Googling" the smoking policy for Celebrity Equinox. The first hit that comes up is not from a Celebrity site.

I've since double checked on the Celebrity website and it does say smoking is not allowed inside.

Edited by Boatharbour

We are sailing with Celebrity for the first time next year and the main reason we are not going back with HAL is because of their smoking policy.

Hopefully the Celebrity experience will be all we are expecting because the HAL experience was spoiled by HAL's archaic smoking policy where smokers have more rights than non smokers.

We are also done with HAL and Carnival -- it least until they catch up the industry. We wish Celebrity and Royal had a better presence on the west coast :(

On Ensenada / Hawaii -- Ensenada used to be a service call only. A few years ago Hawaiian politicians were pushing to protect NCL America. They were trying to change the law and require west coast R/T to overnight in a foreign port. That went away, for now, but in response all of the lines turned Ensenada into more of a real port call. Princess calls 8 to 5. The last few Celebrity Hawaii's we did more something like 5:00pm to 11:00pm. :)