Oahu Luau's?

emuangel

My husband and I will be on the Pride of America in August and will be spending a few extra days in Oahu. We wanted to do a luau in Oahu so we don't have do deal with the busy luaus that the cruise passengers will be at when we're in port.

Has anyone done any of the following luaus and what did you think of them?

- Chief's Luau

- Germaine's Luau

- Paradise Cove Luau

Anyone been to any others that I didn't mention that are good or ones to avoid?

Thanks!

My sister lives on Oahu and recommends Germaine's. She feels it is the most authentic of the luaus offered. She took us the last time we visited and we loved it. I enjoyed seeing the meal come out of the imu -- very interesting! The food was great (and they were able to accommodate my food allergy), entertainment was fun, and everyone was so kind. I highly recommend them.

On our trip in 2008 we went to Paradise Cove and LOVED it. It's on a beautiful beach in Ko Olina. Before the luau they have exhibits where you can try different Hawaiian traditions, games, etc. We watched a guy climb a palm tree, open a coconut, you can ride in an outrigger... We really enjoyed it, plus Germaine's seating is picnic tables, where paradise cove has regular tables & chairs with backs. That's what helped us make our decision. Gotta be comfy for the show. :)

We're going again this May!!

Archived