Jermaine’s Tours

Arizona Laura

Looking at a short tour in Nassau and he has some good reviews on Trip Advisor. Has anyone toured with him?

Any info possible we would appreciate..

Any other tours to suggest?

Thanks..

We're scheduled to tour with him on 4/11, so I obviously can't provide a reply based on experience other than to say he has been very communicative and helpful. I'll post something when we return, although I would imagine that might be too late for you to make a decision. Hopefully someone who has actually toured with him will chime in.

We're scheduled to tour with him on 4/11, so I obviously can't provide a reply based on experience other than to say he has been very communicative and helpful. I'll post something when we return, although I would imagine that might be too late for you to make a decision. Hopefully someone who has actually toured with him will chime in.

Thanks Michael..Have fun!!

Laura

Edited by Arizona Laura

Hi Michael, We'll be in Nassau on the 11th too with Carnival Conquest. What kind of tour are you taking? Just wondering what would be good to do there. it's our first time.

Thanks, Cindy

Jermaine is a taxi driver that does tours like many of the others that congregate outside the Port Exit.

All drivers have been trained by Bahama Host to do tours.

You don't have to book in advance. Just negotiate with the drivers outside Festival Place.

Hi Michael, We'll be in Nassau on the 11th too with Carnival Conquest. What kind of tour are you taking? Just wondering what would be good to do there. it's our first time.

Thanks, Cindy

This description is from Jermaine. He has good reviews on trip advisor and says it will take a little over 4 hours and covers the following sites:

 Pick-up at the ship

 historical tour of the Island including the 2 forts (and entrance to the forts)

 ride through inner City areas and in the different Residential areas

 Ardastra Gardens zoo

 the fish fry for lunch.

 straw market

 quick look at Atlantis (no swimming)

 return trip to the ship

From Jermaine-yesterday...

"May van has a seating capacity of 12 passengers comfortably. In regards to the walking distance from the senior frogs to the cruise ship, it's less than a 6 minute walk from Senior Frogs to the cruise ship.

On fact you can view the ships from senior frogs.

My tours generally is a lot of fun and excitement. We take you around and show you all of Nassau's historical landmarks including, our Parliament, Senate and supreme court buildings.

We explain in great details the Historical Development of the City of Nassau as well as the history of the Government, people & their Heritage , culture and religion of the country.

We will reiterate the differences between life in the Bahamas from 300 years ago to now, as we take you through the changes the country has undergone.

The tour will take you back to the 1800’s as you explore the history and society which built this beautiful nation.

We also take you in the inner City areas and in the different Residential areas where you see first hand the different quality of life and Standard of living.

We also take you to the different historical forts as well as the Queen staircase. View Fort Fincastle, and the Queen staircase which were built by Bahamian slaves and learn about the role they played in altering society in the Bahamas.

The admission into the Forts is $6.00 total for both forts. The tour of the Fort is the high light of the tour, a lot of historic information.

We will have a great time together for about 2.5 hours.

The price of the tour is $36.00, per person total for 5 or more persons.

This price includes the admission cost into Both historical Forts!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Got this yesterday. E-mailed him back and said no forts..See Atlantis-drive around. 2.5 hours is not very long for that price..So I asked him about getting it cheaper. If we take out Forts then this is what is left..for 30.00

1. Parliament, Senate and supreme court buildings
  2. Inner City areas and in the different Residential areas
  3. See Queen Staircase
  4. Drive around Atlantis
  5. Drop off at Senor Frog

We will not go to the zoo and are doing lunch at Senor Frogs on our own when it opens.

We can do straw market on our own since next to Senor Frogs I believe.

I just don’t know since we really are not seeing too much.

Will decide after he e-mails us back..talk about it with others.

Thanks for input..

Laura

Edited by Arizona Laura

Received e-mail.. 25.00 for 2.5 hrs.

He has been very accommodating with quick responses, been flexible with itinerary and a reduced tour price so I am very pleased.

I will come back early May and let you know if we do the tour (have to make sure all in the group want to participate but I am positive) and if so let you know how it went.

Thanks...

Laura

• 3 weeks later...

We toured with Jermaine on our Spring Break, 2013 cruise on the Carnival Breeze. We actually booked Jermaine for this tour about 7 months before our sail date. We had to have 2 vans because there was a total of 15 people in our group. Jermaine was on time waiting for us with my welcome sign. DH and I had traveled to the Bahamas a couple of years ago and wanted to revisit the Daq Shack and Cable Beach. Jermaine had no problem incorporating these stops in our tour. Our tour included general areas of the Island as well as the forts, the Queen's Staircase, Cable Beach and The Daq Shack. We had a great trip. We were back in time to take a stroll to the Straw Market and Senor Frogs.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...