Proposing on Freedom of the Seas

I know of a couple that got engaged on one of the ships we were on. He talked to the CD at some point and the CD had it all planned out. He was asked to be part of the show and then got down on one knee in front of all the audience before the show. That would be if you or she would want to do something so public.

I based my proposal around a cruise but ended up doing it beforehand because I knew she'd want to tell her friends and show her ring off... so I bailed on it.

However, I was going to propose in private probably at night on deck like someone had just mentioned. It depends on what kind of person your girlfriend is, sometimes women are horrified of a proposal in front of people.

Good luck!

I believe Richard Spacey was the CD on the Explorer, last November. If so, he is fabulous! How about doing this just before they begin the Newlywed, not so Newlywed game? You could be one of the couples they invite to participate.

Like that idea!!!! Also maybe plan getting married on board fos at a later date. I did and really enjoyed being married onboard such a great ship. U could do something on your own in the chapel as well its alwqys open and anyone can walk up there.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk please excuse typographical errors

You guys are AWESOME!! Thank you so much for your help! Does anyone know where I could get Richard Spacey's email? He is going to be the Cruise Director while we are on the ship and I would love his help with some of your ideas.

Only 46 days until the cruise!

You guys are AWESOME!! Thank you so much for your help! Does anyone know where I could get Richard Spacey's email? He is going to be the Cruise Director while we are on the ship and I would love his help with some of your ideas.

Only 46 days until the cruise!

Many cruise directors have Facebook pages that you can use to contact them.

Does anyone have a link to their page? I am unable to find it lol.. being in my mid 20s this is a bit embarrassing, however I cannot find them to save my life lol

I found the group for him being the best cruise director but not his page

Just type in his name on the search for people on FB..

I tried that, however I am expecting to see picture of a cruise and the only two "Richard Spacey" are someone from ontario that looks like they never touched their Facebook and a picture of a dog.. Tons of site and such about him being the best director but no direct page

Are you logged in?? if so,its the first name that pops up for me........a pic of him and 6other guys.......I dont want to post a link since Im not sure if my info would show up.

BUT you'll have to friend him first to send a message or pay $1 if you're not a friend..

how about making a big sign and putting it on the outside of your balcony right before you get off the ship to go in port. then when you get off the ship have her look up at the balcony? That would be awesome...if it is doable.balcony, allowed to do that.

Like PH8 mentioned, I proposed to my fiancee on the Freedom this past October. I too was pushed the engagement package for $450. No thanks, I didn't need all that. Through a few threads there was an email address for the cruise director on board (mine was Graham Seymour), and I was able to arrange a little surprise before the show on the first formal night of our cruise :) Also, thanks to Graham, we were able to get a video copy of the proposal. I was extremely pleased, and I still owe Graham a very long thank you letter...

- Sorry the audio is quiet!

Sarah was surprised, the audience seemed to love it, and I couldn't have been happier. Best of luck on your proposal!

Thanks SpeedGeek.. Its funny because i actually found your proposal on Youtube and thought it was great. Congratulations!. I found our CD on Facebook through PH8 help and messaged him so hopefully he will respond! I don't think I could do it in front of that many people like you did.. Kudos, however I still want it to be semi-public

Thanks again for your help with ideas.. I had initially thought of a similar one but don't think i could do it without some liquid encouragement and then who knows how it will go lol

Thanks SpeedGeek.. Its funny because i actually found your proposal on Youtube and thought it was great. Congratulations!. I found our CD on Facebook through PH8 help and messaged him so hopefully he will respond! I don't think I could do it in front of that many people like you did.. Kudos, however I still want it to be semi-public

Thanks again for your help with ideas.. I had initially thought of a similar one but don't think i could do it without some liquid encouragement and then who knows how it will go lol

Well there's plenty of liquid encouragement available on ship. Even with it, I couldn't keep it together (thus my laughing when I got the microphone), but it still worked out in the end :)

I think the first formal night is a fantastic time to do it. You'd still have plenty of days on the ship to celebrate getting engaged, and it kinda throws her off because you didn't do it on the first night, plus you're both nice and dressy for the occasion :D But I'm sure that whatever you decide to do she will love. Hell, Sarah didn't even know what I said to her until she saw the video afterward! She said her mind was just waiting for the question and everything else sounded like the teacher from Charlie Brown :D

I love watching that video.......I remember all the "blood,sweat and tears" William put into getting that done...........ok,maybe no blood:p

Good luck to the OP on the same success........keep us posted..:D

Archived