Liberty exotic eastern caribbean

Anyone return recently from the Liberty exotic eastern caribbean cruise? We are going in the middle of April and are looking for ideas for Sun Juan and St. Thomas. Thanks.

I just got home from my eastern carib cruise last week on the Liberty.

St Thomas was absolutely beautiful, do NOT miss the sailaway as the lights from the houses are gorgeous. Shopping is good right outside the port and there is a senor frogs right when you get off the ship. Take the chairleift to paradise point (within walking distance of the ship) as the view is unbelievable. Also, get the bushwacker drink, it has 7 different types of alcohol in it.:D

San Juan was my favorite port, just unbelievably beautiful. I walked to the fort and took a tour which was only $3. The views are amazing and you caa get great pictures. Shopping was awesome as well, SO MANY stores!

The cruise was AMAZING and the food was wonderful. I had a guys burger every single day! Have fun!!!

Just got back from this cruise as well. Had an amazing time.

We went to Magens Bay in St Thomas. It was a nice beach, I'm sure I would appreciate it more if the weather was better. It was a bit overcast that day for us. We walked all the way to the end of the beach with the rocks to the right and nobody was within 30 feet of us. It was nice although I've read it gets pretty crowded when there are a lot of ships in port. There was only one other ship while we were there. I believe there was a $4 entry fee per person and I think we spent about $40 (with tip) round trip between my wife and I.

In San Juan, we walked from the port to El Morro which was about a 20 minute walk. Might be a tad strenuous for someone with walking difficulty since the walk there is somewhat uphill. We hopped on the free trolly back to the port and then got on a ferry ($1 round trip per person) towards the Bacardi distillery. The ferry doesn't run super regularly so make sure to leave time to visit. Once we got to the other side of the bay, we took a cab ride (around $15 round trip with tip) to the distillery. The tour is free and includes 2 free drinks. Not bad at all and it was informative. It's not necessarily a tour of the distillery but more of a historical/informational tour.

Just got back on Saturday as well! In St Thomas we snorkeled with Fury Charters. I highly recommend them! Only about 12 people on the sailboat, so very personalized service. Capt Mike was great, very personable. On our way back it started to rain, but they still made it an absolute blast.

San Juan we just walked on our own thru the forts and the residential and shopping areas. I don't think you need to buy an excursion here.

St. Thomas is one of my favorite spots, only because of Trunk Bay! If you are looking for untouched, natural beauty, then Trunk Bay is for you. You will need to take a ferry to the island of St. John. I would imagine that they may actually have that as an excursion on Carnival. But I know that people have just taken a ferry without booking through the boat. Once you arrive in St. John, you will take an open-air taxi (safari-style truck) to the beach. You will pass many beautiful sights and once you arrive at Trunk Bay... WOW! I have been to many a beach in the Caribbean and in Europe, and this beach is my favorite! Most of the island is a National Park and so it is very clean. On the beach of Trunk Bay, there are no peddlers or people trying to sell things. There is a very clean bathroom with showers. There's a little hut to buy food and rent snorkel gear. It was $5 a person I believe. Snorkeling is very nice here, and there is an informational "trail" under the water with markers that tell you interesting facts. Trunk Bay is beyond picturesque and where my husband and I will be returning when we sail to St. Thomas in July!

Archived