Request - 150 Central Park Menus - Oasis

bgut1

VegasSlacker - Thank you so much for your reply. My wife and I are very familiar with 150 Central Park having dined twice at the restaurant on the Allure. I understand that they have separate chefs although I was hoping the food was comparable. Though we enjoyed ourselves tremendously, we appreciate your comments.

• 11 months later...

I'm very confused. We made a reservation at 150 Central Park for our upcoming Allure cruise, and paid the $40 pp cost upfront. According to the Royal Caribbean web site describing "About 150 Central Park" it says "Guests can enjoy a seasonal tasting menu and customized wine parings delivering an exclusive culinary experience." Nowhere does it say anything about an extra charge for the wine pairing. I also looked at the menu shown online, and it shows a six course tasting menu on the left side and a royal pairing of six wines on the right side, again with no indication of any extra charges beyond the $40 pp. I then called Royal Caribbean's dining department and asked specifically if the $40 pp included both the meal and the wine pairing as indicated by their web site and menu. The RC dining dept rep said that yes, the $40 pp fee includes both the meal and the wine pairing. But I am hearing here on CC that there is an extra charge for the wine pairing. So is the Royal Caribbean dining department representative wrong?

I'm very confused. We made a reservation at 150 Central Park for our upcoming Allure cruise, and paid the $40 pp cost upfront. According to the Royal Caribbean web site describing "About 150 Central Park" it says "Guests can enjoy a seasonal tasting menu and customized wine parings delivering an exclusive culinary experience." Nowhere does it say anything about an extra charge for the wine pairing. I also looked at the menu shown online, and it shows a six course tasting menu on the left side and a royal pairing of six wines on the right side, again with no indication of any extra charges beyond the $40 pp. I then called Royal Caribbean's dining department and asked specifically if the $40 pp included both the meal and the wine pairing as indicated by their web site and menu. The RC dining dept rep said that yes, the $40 pp fee includes both the meal and the wine pairing. But I am hearing here on CC that there is an extra charge for the wine pairing. So is the Royal Caribbean dining department representative wrong?

The rep you spoke to was wrong.

The food is $40. The optional wine pairing is an extra $35. See post 556 of my review. You will see on the menu on the table, "40" at the top of the food side of the menu, and "75" at the top of the wine pairing side.

Regards

megacruiser

Thanks Megacruiser. I really enjoyed reading your fantastic review. Of course I'm disappointed that the RCL website showing the 150 Central Park menu doesn't show the actual menu with the prices, and doesn't indicate that the wine pairing is an extra charge. Borders on false advertising. :mad: Also it is frustrating that the Dining Department representative at RCL doesn't know this information and gave us assurances that the wine tasting was included in the $40pp price. I guess caveat emptor, right? Regardless, your review was excellent and really am getting excited about my upcoming cruise.

When we dined there on the allure as soon as we sat down the wine pairing was offered at an additional price. In our experience the wine was not included in the 40 pp.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When we dined there on the allure as soon as we sat down the wine pairing was offered at an additional price. In our experience the wine was not included in the 40 pp.

It's just too bad that both the RCL website describing the restaurant and its menu, and the RCL Dining Department representatives that you talk to directly on the phone, don't give this information (and actually give completely contrary information) to prospective diners.

The wine pairings cost an extra $75 per/person; they have some fairly upscale wines so no way could it be included in the $40 surcharge. You are the first person I have seen mistakenly believe they are included; I do not see anywhere on the website where it suggests that. Alcoholic beverages have always incurred additional pricing in RCI's specialty restaurants; the only exception if the Chef's Table, but that has a far pricier surcharge than does 150 Central Park. You certainly can purchase wines by-the-glass or a bottle of wine for the table for less than the $75 per/person surcharge for the wine pairings if you do not want to pay so much for wine. I enjoyed two fantastic meals at 150 Central Park on Allure; definitely two of the best meals I have had on a cruise ship.

• 1 month later...