booked past guest rate- price drop?

laurenfl15

I previously booked under past guest rate and just noticed a 200 price drop on 4js.

My understanding is I'm kinda screwed right? No big deal.. I'm still cruising in 110 days :D just want to confirm..

If you're cruising in 110 days, you haven't hit Final Payment yet.

You are qualified for the price drop - call Carnival so they can adjust your rate.

Now let me fully disclose.. so that I'm being fair to carnival. My price was during the sale where I got 250.00 obc. If they met the current price.. I'd surely lose that? So maybe it's best to see if it goes more than 250.00 lower prior to final payment?

Thanks!

Now let me fully disclose.. so that I'm being fair to carnival. My price was during the sale where I got 250.00 obc. If they met the current price.. I'd surely lose that? So maybe it's best to see if it goes more than 250.00 lower prior to final payment?

Thanks!

Yes you would lose the $250.00 obc, it may be better to keep the obc if you are paid in full.:)

We got the lower rate today. That's the second decrease in two weeks. Final payment isn't due until April 9, so I'm still going to keep my eyes open. TA said that if the price drops after the final payment that we can get OBCs. :D

Thanks!

You're correct. You'd lose $200 of your OBC. Might as well wait to see if it goes lower than your current fare + OBC you received. If that's before final payment, call and ask for the adjustment. After final payment, stop looking at the fares!! :D

I previously booked under past guest rate and just noticed a 200 price drop on 4js.

My understanding is I'm kinda screwed right? No big deal.. I'm still cruising in 110 days :D just want to confirm..

You are not screwed. As long as you're not within final payment, you can price match. Now, once you've passed final payment, I'm not sure if they'll honor any requests for price drops, but you can always try.

You are not screwed. As long as you're not within final payment' date=' you can price match. Now, once you've passed final payment, I'm not sure if they'll honor any requests for price drops, but you can always try.[/quote']

After final payment, unless booked early saver, they won't; there's really no reason to even ask as it's clearly stated in your contract. However, some have been successful getting upgrades after final payment, but I've never heard of anyone getting OBC after final payment (unless they booked ES).

I just got a $260 price drop and we booked past guest. Today there was a family and friends rate. AS long as you are outside of the final payment you can still get a price drop. Hope this helps.

Archived