dressing up for formal nights

nattiesma914

My DH has a short tux that he loves to wear. The first time he wore it on a cruise, the photographers were calling him "james bond" and come over here, Mr Bond, we can make THIS picture special for you. He really got a kick out it since I guess most men hate the picture taking part, I know he did at first too. Now, I have to hide that tux and put in his suit and double check that he has not already changed it out again! I say we want DIFFERENT pictures so we can tell we are on different cruises but I can see him eyeing it and remembering how much "fun" it was to be Bond ... James Bond!

What I am trying to say is that something someone might dread, might just surprise you and turn into a wonderful memory. I hope you don't pass by the opportunity to at least try it once. Not just the OP, but others too. Try everything. Surprise yourself!

Considering the recent events with Carnival Ships ;) I will be packing light LOL. Usually I will wear a sundress and a wedged/platform shoe with some nice accessories and DH will wear slacks and a polo. This type of attire makes us feel comfortable and is not under dressed or over dressed. Have fun!

Considering the recent events with Carnival Ships ;) I will be packing light LOL. Usually I will wear a sundress and a wedged/platform shoe with some nice accessories and DH will wear slacks and a polo. This type of attire makes us feel comfortable and is not under dressed or over dressed. Have fun!

It is about FUN and comfort for us this time. Light weight, hawaiian print all the way if I can find it. And we will take our "formal" pictures very tropically informal! LOL

My wife and I always have enjoyed getting dressed up for a formal night.

It makes one/two nights of the cruise stand out from the others...and is another part of a cruise we look forward to.

I know its not for everyone, but you should try it....fun to get dressed up the the 9s and go out for dinner /show /dancing!

I definitely agree! It is fun to do something that you do not do everyday. My husband and I love the formal nights. It makes for a very special evening.

DH is flying in for our cruise immediately following a board meeting in Philadelphia so he will have his suit and sportcoat with him. I will fly over to Florida to meet him and bring the rest of his clothes with me. Good thing we are Platinum and get free laundry since he will be traveling the entire week before he heads to the cruise.

We enjoy the elegant evenings. We also will eat in the Steakhouse at least 2 nights. On our 2 cruises on the Magic in 2012 nearly all the men dining at 8pm in the steakhouse had on sportcoats and the women were mostly in cocktail attire, even on the first night. When we reconfirmed our first night reservation as requested we got an earful about rescheduling for another night if we did not have proper attire. Thankfully, the luggage arrived and we had enough time to shower and change. We find the evenings in the steakhouse much more special than the elegant evenings in the MDR. This time we will be celebrating our 39th anniv.

DH is flying in for our cruise immediately following a board meeting in Philadelphia so he will have his suit and sportcoat with him. I will fly over to Florida to meet him and bring the rest of his clothes with me. Good thing we are Platinum and get free laundry since he will be traveling the entire week before he heads to the cruise.

We enjoy the elegant evenings. We also will eat in the Steakhouse at least 2 nights. On our 2 cruises on the Magic in 2012 nearly all the men dining at 8pm in the steakhouse had on sportcoats and the women were mostly in cocktail attire, even on the first night. When we reconfirmed our first night reservation as requested we got an earful about rescheduling for another night if we did not have proper attire. Thankfully, the luggage arrived and we had enough time to shower and change. We find the evenings in the steakhouse much more special than the elegant evenings in the MDR. This time we will be celebrating our 39th anniv.

Congratulations!! You need to make sure to get some nice photos!!

Congratulations! We are also celebrating an anniversary - our 45th. We have made reservations for the steakhouse and will probably go a couple of times. Hope to meet you on board!

Archived