Is this something to call PVP about?

violetsmile

With the Spring into Savings - Past Guests sale that's going on, the prices on my cruise keep jumping around. Before I get to my question, here are the salient facts:

* we're booked Early Saver on Liberty, sailing in 18 days

* we are in a 4B (forward, interior, Main Deck) at a price of $509pp

* our category is sold out I assume, because it's not showing when I mock book

* yesterday AM, there was a price drop to $489pp for a 4F (forward, interior, Verandah Deck), and I submitted the Early Saver Form for OBC.

* yesterday PM, there was another price drop, to $484pp for a 4G (forward, interior, Lido Deck) , and I submitted the Early Saver Form for an Upgrade, specifically asking in the comments section to move to a room that was forward, interior, on the Lido Deck (there were 8 rooms in that category showing available last night)

* I have screen shots documenting all of this

I've never used the ES Form for an upgrade, only for OBC. The way I see this, under ES, I should get both an upgrade and OBC, because a higher category is at a lower price than my current price.

Now that you are armed with all the information:

Even though I filed the ES form, since I filed two forms in a short period of time, and one has a very specific request for location of upgrade, should I just call my PVP? Can he handle all the adjusting/moving me around?

I emailed him to let him know I submitted the form so that my FCC OBC doesn't go anywhere. I've found that it disappears if he doesn't keep an eye on it. I haven't heard back from him today, though, which is unusual. I think he's probably over me, but if I can handle it through him, I'll call him whether he's annoyed or not--the desire for human help is the reason I booked through him, and not just online by myself. However, if this isn't an appropriate thing for him to handle, I don't want to waste his time.

Thanks!

I know when I talked to my PVP last week, he'd been swamped. He called me one night after 7 pm Eastern as he was still at work. He knew my problem was not urgent and could call me at the end of the day. A few days later, we did upgrade my room for what would end up being a price break. It took him awhile on the phone to do - I was probably on hold 20 mins while he talked to two different departments to fix (to get all my OBC).

Can't hurt to call toward end of the day if you haven't heard from them.

Now I'm just plain confused. Happy, but confused. I just got a cabin confirmation email, which is a FAST turn around, even if this is a response to the first form I submitted for OBC yesterday morning, and NOT the second one I submitted asking for an upgrade.

The confusing part? The rate is better than what I submitted for!!! I asked for the price drop from $509 to $489 on the first form. They gave me a rate I hadn't even seen, and it is $30pp lower than what I asked for. So, I'm still in my same 4B stateroom, but with even more OBC than I asked for, now at a rate of $459pp. That's not something I've ever heard about happening--Carnival giving people a lower rate than what they submitted for!

Guess I'll sit tight, and see if they take away some OBC, and upgrade my deck or not?

And, BAM! Another Cabin Confirmation. :eek:

Now I'm in a 4G on the Lido, for $10 less than I asked for that room...they gave me $479, instead of the $484 I saw and asked for. :D

What a roller coaster ride--in the best possible way, as I like roller coasters! :D

Now I'm just plain confused. Happy, but confused. I just got a cabin confirmation email, which is a FAST turn around, even if this is a response to the first form I submitted for OBC yesterday morning, and NOT the second one I submitted asking for an upgrade.

The confusing part? The rate is better than what I submitted for!!! I asked for the price drop from $509 to $489 on the first form. They gave me a rate I hadn't even seen, and it is $30pp lower than what I asked for. So, I'm still in my same 4B stateroom, but with even more OBC than I asked for, now at a rate of $459pp. That's not something I've ever heard about happening--Carnival giving people a lower rate than what they submitted for!

Guess I'll sit tight, and see if they take away some OBC, and upgrade my deck or not?

That's happened to me a few times. It seems that they check the current rates, and if it's lower than what you asked for they go ahead and give you the lower rate?

It's worked both ways for me also, though. The rate went up $20 in between submissions, and they gave me that rate instead. Thankfully the rate dropped even more before I spent too much time trying to fix that!

So did your PVP help you or did you get through with the ES form? I have had the worst luck with ES, and the one time I called my PVP for help all he did was tell me to fill out an ES form that never got a response, ugh.

I didn't end up calling him. I had decided I'd wait until the end of his work day (his hours are 11-8). Before I got around to calling, I ended up getting two separate responses to the two ES forms I filed.

The first one came a little over 24 hours after I filed the first form, then the second confirmation came about 30 minutes later, making the response time about 19 hours on that form. THe second one was exactly the upgrade I asked for in the comments, so no complaints here! :)

Archived