New way for Carnival to stick it to ES purchasers

rch3

I agree Carnival owes no one anything. I also agree that incentives are an attempt to get new bookings. But Loyalty programs are not designed for new bookings. They are for a customers loyalty (rewards for past events, that is continued sailing a particular line).

Actually they use loyalty programs to generate new business...not to reward for past business. A business is not a person that cares about the feelings of past customers, they want past customers to be future customers so they reward you for past business.

Additionally, when I book, I'm happy at the time...why focus on what you don't get, focus on all that you do get. Reminds me of the game show Deal or No Deal; when someone gets a lump sum of money but leaves a higher amount in the case...all they focus on is the amount they didn't get, not the real chunk of money they walk out with that they didn't have when they woke up that morning. Enjoy your cruise!

I for one am sick to death of the multiple Carnival "sale" e-mails that flood my inbox every week. Not a one of them results in a lower fare for any sailing that I've been interested in.

I get those from every line I've ever cruised, so it's hardly a "Carnival" thing. Unsubscribe if you don't like it.

OP, so true. They continue to promote "booking early" to get the "best price". Then, at the last minute, change the rules. You need to have an advanced degree to read through and understand all the red tape involved with the myriad of fare codes and classes Carnival offers. For most simple people, they just want to take advantage of what the offer states....that is, you will receive the best price on your cruise by booking early. I am sorry to hear of your experience. In this instance, those who booked early, do not receive the best price. Once people get burned enough, the demand for the ES will likely decline significantly. Anyone considering booking the ES needs to do their homework and understand exactly what is and isn't protected. I do hope you have an enjoyable vacation.

Which is what Carnival wants--First FCC gone--now making ES so difficult.

We spent a week trying to get OBC for a paid in full Apr 14 cruise. We were eligible for past guest rates. We were promised $190 finally ended up with $150.

I am so tired of playing Carnivals game right now:(

Which is what Carnival wants--First FCC gone--now making ES so difficult.

We spent a week trying to get OBC for a paid in full Apr 14 cruise. We were eligible for past guest rates. We were promised $190 finally ended up with $150.

I am so tired of playing Carnivals game right now:(

It is not confusing or difficult. The lowest fare is guaranteed....not the lowest net cost of the cruise. Right now I can see many lower net costs of the cruise for my booking. There are lower fares for my cabin and deck type. I have turned in price protection forms and have gotten my OBC (because I paid in full at time of booking) for all of the lower fares for my cabin type and deck. Very simple no confusion. What people don't read & understand is their own fault for being lazy. Read the qualifications/details for the rate and read your cruise contract. You might learn something.....one thing I have learned from CC is that 90% of the folks on here are too lazy to read and understand the details so they ask others to do it for them. That is why there are so many varied opinions on here. The only opinion anyone should rely on is what the cruise contract says and what the details of your purchase says. That is what counts.

We book our rate on what we can afford and where the cabin is located. We saw a price drop but the cabins available were on higher decks and less desirable locations.

I actually noticed a price drop on suites and we upgraded to a suite at an awesome price.

Book what you can afford...and if a surprise comes then it is all worth it!

Be proactive....instead of just complaining....take yourself off the mailing list.....sheesh...if you're not part of the solution....you're part of the problem...and in your case...you are the problem!

Oh calm down. :rolleyes:

I'm well aware that I can unsubscribe if I choose. I harbor some small hope that their "sales" will one day actually result in savings. I just find Carnival to be the Little Cruise Line That Cried "Sale!!!" - no one actually believes their e-mails anymore since they have a new "sale" every week. :rolleyes:

I'm trying to understand the OP. So your ES rate was $1039. The sale with OBC was $1049. If so, than you are not eligible for anything because your price did not drop. ES gives you OBC or upgrades when and if the fare for your category drops.

That's what early saver is, in a nutshell. You don't qualify for promotions that have a rate higher than what you booked. We've had great success with ES in the past, chose to book a different rate for our next cruise. If the price drops (it has actually gone up), I won't be able to complain that I can't get OBC.

Yes, it's more complicated than it used to be. More complicated than it has to be. That's why it's so important to understand what you are booking and what you are and are not eligible for.

Archived