8:00 am Disembark...Is this when it starts?

blackcows

Our cruise documents show that we port in New Orleans at 8am. Is this when we get there or when we start to disembark? We are staying in NO for an extra day and don't pcikup our rental car until 10am so I am wondering how quickly we will need to be off of the ship? When will we need to be out of our rooms? When will the dinning rooms close?

There are many variables that could keep you on board as late as 11 am. Also, your arrival in port could be delayed. I have no idea if you're doing self disembark or not. The usual time that I've walked off is 9:30.

The ship normally arrives at the pier around 6:30am and debarkation usually begins shortly after 7am. You don't have to be out of your cabin until 8am.

If you want to be at the car rental place by 10 (though I'm sure your car will be available before then) I would plan on doing self assist, but not getting off until around 9.

The ship normally arrives at the pier around 6:30am and debarkation usually begins shortly after 7am. You don't have to be out of your cabin until 8am.

If you want to be at the car rental place by 10 (though I'm sure your car will be available before then) I would plan on doing self assist, but not getting off until around 9.

Our car will be ready by then but I if we wait until 10 to get the car we can return it by noon the next day without paying for 2 days so I wanted to wait as long as possible to get it.

What is self assist?

Our car will be ready by then but I if we wait until 10 to get the car we can return it by noon the next day without paying for 2 days so I wanted to wait as long as possible to get it.

What is self assist?

Self assist is a form of debarkation where you don't put your bags out the night before and just take them off the ship with you. If you don't want to do that you will get a zone number and the only problem with that is your luggage is not always available to retrieve until your zone is called and that could be later than you want to be off.

I prefer to self assist just so I can walk off the ship when ever I want to. It can take 30 minutes or so to get through customs and into a cab so factor that in also.

Also both the buffet and breakfast in the MDR will be open until around 9:30.

Self assist is a form of debarkation where you don't put your bags out the night before and just take them off the ship with you. If you don't want to do that you will get a zone number and the only problem with that is your luggage is not always available to retrieve until your zone is called and that could be later than you want to be off.

I prefer to self assist just so I can walk off the ship when ever I want to. It can take 30 minutes or so to get through customs and into a cab so factor that in also.

Also both the buffet and breakfast in the MDR will be open until around 9:30.

Thanks for the reply, so if we unload by zone are we required to leave when our zone is called or are we just not allowed to leave until it is called?

Thanks for the reply, so if we unload by zone are we required to leave when our zone is called or are we just not allowed to leave until it is called?

The latter. If they call your zone, you don't have to disembark, you can leave anytime after they call your zone.

Not supposed to go down until your zone is called but can hang out for awhile after zone is called.

Archived