Houston to Galveston

miyamoon

This is our first time cruising. We are flying Southwest to Houston the night before our cruise and we are porting out of Galveston on Royal Caribbean the next day. Is there a hotel anyone would recommend in Galveston that provides free shuttle from the airport? Or is it cheaper to rent a car? Please help! thank you!:p

What day of the week does your ship depart? I do not recommend renting a car if your cruise departs on Sunday, as there are no car rental places open on Sunday in Galveston, so you'd have to rent the car for the entire cruise and also pay for parking in Galveston. (I think Enterprise allows you drop off and leave the keys, but you could not rent it again on Sunday for the return trip.) Search this forum (Gulf Coast Departures) -- you'll find lots of threads on this subject. At least you are going from Hobby -- the south airport and closer to Galveston. Best bet would be a shared ride of some sort. But, I live in Dallas and always drive down. We usually stay at the Motel-6 at Hobby, but you'll probably want a hotel with free airport shuttle and also close to restaurants. I had some family stay at the Comfort Suites at Hobby and they liked it OK. Google maps can help you see what restaurants are next to any hotel.

Try this thread -- http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1616355

From Hobby a taxi might not be a bad choice for 2 to 4 people.

Archived