Allure Itinerary Question

Hi there

Short time CC lurker, (will be) 4th time cruiser. We've done 2 on Royal Caribbean (Navigator & Enchantment) and 1 on Carnival (Liberty). We (me and GF) liked RCI better, so Allure it is in April! We have a balcony room for the first time and are pretty excited about that. Holy crap it's like a month away...

I'm looking at itineraries and trying to plan shows, etc, and have some questions.

I found this link to an eastern Caribbean Allure Cruise Compass from 1/2013 - how often do they change the itineraries?

http://issuu.com/hochmania/docs/day1/8#

I've booked some shows, and have made note of when some other events we like are (Love and Marriage, Quest :) ). Should I expect those to be consistent from the compass I saw?

How about scheduling of formal nights? Will those be the same? If I wanted to do Chops or 150 that night instead of MDR, will formal dress be required? (I'm trying to avoid bringing a suit. Just makes packing easier if I only have to deal with dress shirts and slacks (shove in suitcase, send to get pressed on day 1)).

Sorry if these questions are repetitive, I've browsed through a lot of threads the past month and don't think I saw this stuff discussed. Hey, at least I didn't ask about tipping or the alcohol package (both of which I heartily endorse, haha).

Hi there

Short time CC lurker, (will be) 4th time cruiser. We've done 2 on Royal Caribbean (Navigator & Enchantment) and 1 on Carnival (Liberty). We (me and GF) liked RCI better, so Allure it is in April! We have a balcony room for the first time and are pretty excited about that. Holy crap it's like a month away...

I'm looking at itineraries and trying to plan shows, etc, and have some questions.

I found this link to an eastern Caribbean Allure Cruise Compass from 1/2013 - how often do they change the itineraries?

I've booked some shows, and have made note of when some other events we like are (Love and Marriage, Quest :) ). Should I expect those to be consistent from the compass I saw?

How about scheduling of formal nights? Will those be the same? If I wanted to do Chops or 150 that night instead of MDR, will formal dress be required? (I'm trying to avoid bringing a suit. Just makes packing easier if I only have to deal with dress shirts and slacks (shove in suitcase, send to get pressed on day 1)).

Sorry if these questions are repetitive, I've browsed through a lot of threads the past month and don't think I saw this stuff discussed. Hey, at least I didn't ask about tipping or the alcohol package (both of which I heartily endorse, haha).

We were on the March 3rd sailing on the Allure, not sure about the shows and events being the same time as our cruise but I assume they would be. As far as the formal nights, ours were on day 2 & 6. We did eat at Giovanni's and Chops on the formal nights. Suggested dress was formal for the speciality restaurants on those nights as well however many wore slacks and a dress shirt only. We dined at 150 CP and they suggest smart casual and most were, and we saw one guy in jeans. I know that bothers some but not us, we do dress up but mostly for the pictures and it's a change of pace for us. We have cruised both Carnival and Royal and the Royal crowd dresses up more as a whole. I certainly did'nt see anyone turned away so I think you would be OK if you don't bring a suit, and by the way 150 CP was great.....enjoy your cruise!

If you are asking about itineraries of the ports the ship goes to, the eastern itinerary is the same each time. Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten. There is one sea day between Nassau and St. Thomas and two sea days between St. Maarten and Ft. Lauderdale.

When in April? We have an active Roll Call ( slot pull planned) for April 14... And BillOH has an active one going for April 21.

The nights of Love and Marriage and Quest, don't change too much from sailing to sailing as far as I can see from the Eastern compasses I've saved over the last year and a half. I think that's true for Western too.

If you showed up in the MDR with dress slacks and a collared shirt on formal night, you would be fine...the " formal dress" is a suggestion, it's there for people who love puttin on the dog and going all out, but there are no bouncers so long as you follow the minimum dress stated on a an actual plaque outside the MDR- no hats, no sleeveless tees, no shorts, no bathing suits at dinner. There are some who will be in the MDR with far "less" than your nice shirt and slacks, and no one will even notice on board the ship- although everyone will notice on Cruise Critic, so just don't mention what you plan to wear here;)

Hi there

Allure alternates between Eastern and Western Caribbean weekly year-round. On the eastern route formal nights are Monday and Friday and on the Western it's Monday and Thursday nights. Chops or 150 don't require formal but no jeans/shorts. Most people do participate in the formal nights and wear dress shirt jacket and tie but you don't necessarily have to. Khaki pants and polo shirts or nice button down shirts will do.

The compass will for the most part be consistent -- the headliner may be different.

Thanks everyone.

From my past cruises, I'm sure I wouldn't be the "least dressed" no matter what day or where I was on the boat at any given time :eek:, I have tried to do "formal" in the past, but it's kind of a hassle that I don't really enjoy. Sounds like I will get by with a nice shirt and slacks which I def can do, plus I can have dinner at Chops and 150 :D

Archived