Scholarship at Sea programs

419annm

Some cruise lines offer enrichment and other classes such as dance lessons, zumba, digital photography, etc. Who would one contact to request a basic Italian class on a TA cruise ending in Rome, with 9 days at sea to learn? Several passengers have already indicated an interest. Marilyn

You might want to try asking this on the forum for the cruise line that you are going on. Someone on that thread would be more likely to know the right contact person for your ship.

I think the cruise director has at least some discretion as to the programs on a sailing, so you might want to find out who that will be and what their contact information is.

You might want to try asking this on the forum for the cruise line that you are going on. Someone on that thread would be more likely to know the right contact person for your ship.

I think the cruise director has at least some discretion as to the programs on a sailing, so you might want to find out who that will be and what their contact information is.

Thanks for the quick reply. I did post on my roll call first, after several people mentioned the same thing. Ideas went from hiring an Italian crew member to finding someone who knows Italian - and then I remembered the Scholarship at Sea program. I didn't think of the cruise director. I'll see what happens in the next couple of days, as I asked if anyone on the cruise has any experience with having anything arranged (the CC people have lots of things arranged - I should ask them.) Thanks again for your suggestion. Chow!

Some cruise lines offer enrichment and other classes such as dance lessons, zumba, digital photography, etc. Who would one contact to request a basic Italian class on a TA cruise ending in Rome, with 9 days at sea to learn? Several passengers have already indicated an interest. Marilyn

Some cruise ships offer the Rosetta Stone programs for different languages, including Italian.

You should be able to find out if yours is one of them.

Thanks for the quick reply. I did post on my roll call first, after several people mentioned the same thing. Ideas went from hiring an Italian crew member to finding someone who knows Italian - and then I remembered the Scholarship at Sea program. I didn't think of the cruise director. I'll see what happens in the next couple of days, as I asked if anyone on the cruise has any experience with having anything arranged (the CC people have lots of things arranged - I should ask them.) Thanks again for your suggestion. Chow!

First lesson, it's Ciao! ;)

Have a great cruise.:)

Scholarship at Sea is a trademark of Princess Cruise lines. I know on my recent Coral Princess cruise they offered a daily Scholarship @Sea Spanish class.

As for other cruise lines, they may have them, but you will need to check them individually (and it won't be under that name as they could get sued if they used it).

I suspect you might find Italian lessons on Costa (a primarilly Italian line).

Good Luck

Scholarship at Sea is a trademark of Princess Cruise lines. I know on my recent Coral Princess cruise they offered a daily Scholarship @Sea Spanish class.

As for other cruise lines, they may have them, but you will need to check them individually (and it won't be under that name as they could get sued if they used it).

I suspect you might find Italian lessons on Costa (a primarilly Italian line).

Good Luck

It is Princess that we are sailing with. TA with 9 sea days - lots of people would like to put them to use. Tomorrow I'll check to see who I may contact about the scholarship program on our particular cruise. Thanks. Marilyn

Archived