Best restuarant for romantic meal on PG

lovetotravel68

Hi all,

What restaurant onboard the PG would you recommend for a romantic meal? We will be attending the PG's 'anniversary/honeymoon ceremony' (I think they do it the first night we are in Bora Bora) and wanted to enjoy a nice meal afterwards.

Thank you in advance for all your words of wisdom :)

I'd recommend La Veranda. It's smaller, a bit quieter and cozier (lights dimmed, etc.) than the main dining room and more upscale than Le Grill. We had dinner there the evening of the anniversary / honeymoon ceremony and it was perfect.

Ditto!

Visit Ivan in La Veranda when you board and make a reservation to make sure you have a table for your special night.

I thought Le Grille being outside would be most romantic, but it fel more like dining in a tent due to th tables being behind a wind partition. It was not as romantic as La verandah- the windows overlooking the black sea and stars at night, it's quiet and beautifully furnished. I concur with th others, of its your special occasion- go for La Verandah!

We did have dinner at Le Grill the last night of the cruise, when the PG had returned to Papeete and docked. We sat at one of the tables in the fully outside section next to the pool, and the lights of the city and all the activity down in the public square--the roulottes, music, skateboarders--was just exactly as I imagined it. I LOVED that dinner but for the special occasion of the anniversary celebration, La Veranda was better.

Is there a limit of the # of times you can make a reservation at either of those restaurants?? When you board the ship can you make all your dinner reservations for the duration of the cruise?? Thanks, GG

Hello Gardening Girl,

We look forward to welcoming you on board! Reservations for dinner in La Veranda and Le Grill can be made during breakfast and lunch.

Warm Regards,

Paul Gauguin Cruises

We are celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary.We love to meet people and socialize all day,at night we like to dine together without joining others.Will this be a problem?

Just off the Seabourn and they had a table in the corner for 2 weeks for us.It was wonderful.They also made us a special dinner for a birthday.Does PG do that?:)

Not at all a problem, there are many tables for 2... We usually use them on crusies , but on this one, our best meals were at the big rounds with our new friends. The exception was one night when we were seated with a few people who had apparently had a "thing" against northerners. We tried to hold our own but one poor woman from NY, didn't dare open her mouth all night ( and it was just that night, she was chatty another evening we dined with them!) - what a bunch of blowhards they were, we gave 'em a wide berth after that!

We were able to make all our reservations for the week the day we embarked. We just went to Le grille and the Maitre D was there to book them, or you could call from your cabin. If you want a prime 7 PM spot, I'd try to book ahead rather than day of, some of our friends were out of luck with last minute reservations.

Archived