travelling with 8 mth old and 2 yr old toddler.

juicy1

Hi I've travelled with Royal Caribbean a few times before with and without my toddler. No that we have 2 children I'm wondering how the cabins work with 4. Most I see seem to have the pullman beds which neither child could sleep in, does it mean dh and I have sleep in these? I know there are other cabins with sofa bed and these would probably do but what if we can't get these? Budget doesn't really stretch to junior suite though. Am I missing something here? Also is their a weight limit with the pullmans dh and I aren't the lightest people in the world either plus dh is 6 ft.Thanks

Add up what it costs to have a 3rd and 4th passenger in the room with you. You may find- that you can do two inside connecting cabins instead of a balcony with 4 people for the same price. This would give you more room. That might be preferable to a balcony because when you are on the balcony you can't hear them also you and hubby can have some romantic time and have your own bathroom and tv- so will not wake the children.

I think this would be better with 4 in a suite.

Thanks, I was just searching this when you posted. A balcony is not a must at all for us, tbh I don't know if I would trust ds around a balcony. 2 internal rooms are a similar price but only if we book gty cabins but then there is no way for sure we will be near each other iykwim. I like the idea of 2 bathrooms, will have to look again nearer the time price wise. We stayed in a family promenade room last year and it was fab and ideal for our needs now but we only got it last minute when they would sell it to less than 5 people. I just wanted to be sure I was right re the pullman rooms. are the sofa beds big and is there any floor space left e,g in an internal/ocean view cabin for a pnp?

Some have pulled the mattress off the pullman onto the floor for their little ones to sleep on. Also, your toddler could sleep on the couch (either turn it around or block it with a chair if you're afraid they'll fall off). That's probably what I would do and yes, people have fit a PNP in those rooms.

Best,

Mia

Thanks, I was just searching this when you posted. A balcony is not a must at all for us, tbh I don't know if I would trust ds around a balcony. 2 internal rooms are a similar price but only if we book gty cabins but then there is no way for sure we will be near each other iykwim. I like the idea of 2 bathrooms, will have to look again nearer the time price wise. We stayed in a family promenade room last year and it was fab and ideal for our needs now but we only got it last minute when they would sell it to less than 5 people. I just wanted to be sure I was right re the pullman rooms. are the sofa beds big and is there any floor space left e,g in an internal/ocean view cabin for a pnp?

Yeah you can't book a GTY because then you can't get connecting and you need connecting ;)

I was trying to remember what the weight limit was on the Pullman - I know there was one. I have climbed up and slept in one because I didn't want my "baby" up there - so I totally understand :)

We have only had a sofa bed in a JS and above - they pull out into a full sized queen bed - but you already said you didn't want a "suite or a balcony".

So that leaves the connecting insides or connecting OVs - but make sure they are connecting NOT adjoining. You need an actual door :)

Archived