Murder Mystery Dinner on the Dawn

mlm228

I was reading the dailies and saw that there is a murder mystery dinner on the Dawn. I was wondering if any knows any details on this. Specifically, I have three questions:

1. Is it fun?

2. Do they serve the main dining room menu?

3. What time does it end?

Thank you!

We did it on the Star, but I'm thinking they are probably very similar.

1) It was a lot of fun. We all agreed we would do it again.

2) It took place in the main dining area, and they did serve the main dining room menu with all the choices.

3) They assured us we would be finished by the time the first Main Show started at 7:30. Our group was finished by 7.

Finally, check the Freestyle Daily for what day you can sign up for it, and then don't wait to sign up. It fills up fast. On ours the sign up was 9am, by 9:30am it was completely filled up.

We did the Murder Mystery Dinner on the Dawn the week of 5/22. It was alot of fun.

We met in the Stardust theater on Friday at 4:45. They put you into groups of 8. They show you a short movie about the murder and assign parts to each in the group. Together you all go to the Venitian or Aqua restaurants. During dinner you ask each other questions which you have been given and the answers are also given to the person being asked the question.

We did the 4 acts and enjoyed each others company. We were in a group of 8 from these CC boards. We had met on line before the cruise and met at a meet and greet on Monday. We all had a fun time.

After dinner we all went to the show and stayed after for the murderer reveal. Each group was entered into a drawing and one group won a free dinner in LeBistro.

It was alot of fun and you can meet great people.

Enjoy!

Jeanne

I enjoyed it on the Dawn . For the most part everyone did their piece.

We had plenty of time to do the role playing and have a nice dinner.

I wasn't the murderer.I was the drunken bad girl:D

But every time it may be different. My husband was the murderer.

I enjoyed it on the Dawn . For the most part everyone did their piece.

We had plenty of time to do the role playing and have a nice dinner.

I wasn't the murderer.I was the drunken bad girl:D

But every time it may be different. My husband was the murderer.

I was at that table - another example oy type casting :eek:

Is this something in which our 16 & 21 year old kids can take part? I didn't know if there was an age limit. I know they would enjoy themselves.

I don't recall an age limit. There were no "little" kids at ours.

I think 16 & 21 year old's would enjoy it and it would be fun for you all to be in the same group :)

This sounds like a blast! Is this a standard event on all Dawn cruises? Thanks for the advice on signing up early. Is it held on only one night during the cruise, or is it repeated? We'll be on the 11 day cruise this fall. Has anyone taken a 10 or 11 day cruise on the Dawn that might know if they have this event more than once on longer cruises?

We were on the 11 day Southern Caribbean cruise this past February. We attended the MM and had a blast. It's wonderful when your group really "gets into" character which our group did. You get out of it what you put into it. It was held just once during the cruise then. I don't know if that changed on subsequent cruises. Since we were on that cruise I understand it's gotten extremely peopular so my suggestion is to sign up as soon as they post it. Have fun.

Happy cruising!

We did the Murder Mystery Dinner on the Dawn the week of 5/22. It was alot of fun.

We met in the Stardust theater on Friday at 4:45. They put you into groups of 8. They show you a short movie about the murder and assign parts to each in the group. Together you all go to the Venitian or Aqua restaurants. During dinner you ask each other questions which you have been given and the answers are also given to the person being asked the question.

We did the 4 acts and enjoyed each others company. We were in a group of 8 from these CC boards. We had met on line before the cruise and met at a meet and greet on Monday. We all had a fun time.

After dinner we all went to the show and stayed after for the murderer reveal. Each group was entered into a drawing and one group won a free dinner in LeBistro.

It was alot of fun and you can meet great people.

Enjoy!

Jeanne

Jeanne,

Oh... that just hurts. Why don't you poke me in the eye with a pointed stick.

Just kidding. My DW and I where supposed to play with Jeanne and Jow and the rest of the CC group but they could only fit parties of 8.

So we went to the Star Bar for more Martini clinic homework.

Mark

For Bsan1221...

There isn't a "company" that does the MURDER MYSTERY on the DAWN. The passengers that sign up for the MM Dinner get seperated into groups of 8. Each person picks a character they would like to play from the list that is handed out at the "briefing" before dinner. Each "character" is given a booklet divided out into 4 scenes. Each "scene" has questions that the characters ask each other along with appropriate answers each character is to "give" when asked a particular question. The more your group of 8 people get into their "roles"...the more fun everyone will have planning the "game" while you eat dinner.

Hope this helps.

Debjo

For Bsan1221...

There isn't a "company" that does the MURDER MYSTERY on the DAWN. The passengers that sign up for the MM Dinner get seperated into groups of 8. Each person picks a character they would like to play from the list that is handed out at the "briefing" before dinner. Each "character" is given a booklet divided out into 4 scenes. Each "scene" has questions that the characters ask each other along with appropriate answers each character is to "give" when asked a particular question. The more your group of 8 people get into their "roles"...the more fun everyone will have planning the "game" while you eat dinner.

Hope this helps.

Debjo

Thank you!!

Is that on all Dawn Ships and on all sailings???

Thanks,

B

Archived