Grabbing a tour at the pier.....

jebl

On many of our cruises we just get off the ship and look for the tour vendors at the pier. Then pick and choose which one we want.

I haven't been to Barbados since 1990 so am sure it has changed a lot.

Are there tours available when we get off the ship? Or is it better to prebook?

We debated the same thing but decided to prebook. When we debarked last Tues there were a lot of independent drivers and taxis waiting at the port in the taxi waiting area. Sounds like $20-$25 an hour is the going rate. We paid a little more than that but were happy with a more known product.

We booked a driver through Carson Moore and were very pleased. Our driver was Coleridge and he took us to places we wanted to see and some others he suggested. He was willing to stop anywhere we wanted for photos, etc. He provided some commentary and answered all our questions without being overly chatty. He struck a great balance in this regard.

At the end he took us to a nice beach club, Harbour Lights, to enjoy some beach time and to get a flying fish sandwich. All told, we were out about 4 hours.

One nice touch was, Carson called Coleridge to make sure he picked us up then asked to speak to me to verify that we were there and that everything was okay. I thought that was a very nice customer service gesture! I would highly recommend Carson Moore tours and Coleridge.

Archived