Marseille airport to cruise terminal transportation

sqroot3

Hello all!

I have searched this site and the rest of the web extensively, but I'm still having trouble figuring out what the best way to get from the Marseille airport to the cruise terminal is (we'll be embarking on the MSC Splendida in Marseille). I'm aware of this website, but it doesn't have many details.

My questions are

1) What's the easiest way to get from the airport to the cruise terminal, and vice versa (for disembarkation)?

2) What's the cheapest way?

3) Does MSC offers a shuttle from the airport to the terminal? Their very sorry website isn't much help in this regard.

4) How much would a taxi cost?

Thanks!

• 4 years later...

Did anyone ever help you out with these questions from years ago? We're heading to Marseille next March, and then disembarking in Marseille and flying back to the US as well.

Hello all!

I have searched this site and the rest of the web extensively, but I'm still having trouble figuring out what the best way to get from the Marseille airport to the cruise terminal is (we'll be embarking on the MSC Splendida in Marseille). I'm aware of this website, but it doesn't have many details.

My questions are

1) What's the easiest way to get from the airport to the cruise terminal, and vice versa (for disembarkation)?

2) What's the cheapest way?

3) Does MSC offers a shuttle from the airport to the terminal? Their very sorry website isn't much help in this regard.

4) How much would a taxi cost?

Thanks!

We are getting ready to book our flights, but just aren't sure what is the earliest flight we should take? Meraviglia is supposed to dock at 8am I think, but just now sure how long it'll take to disembark, and get to the airport, customs, long lines, etc.....Anyone who can give us their experienced advise would be much appreciated. We do not want to end our Vacation by missing our flights back to the U.S. lol

We ended up taking a taxi straight from the airport, which was pretty hassle-free. At the time, it was probably around 50 euros, although my memory might not be entirely accurate!

There is a shuttle bus from the airport which goes to the St Charles Station in the centre of Marseille. It runs every 15 to 20 minutes and if I remember correctly was about €13 return (2017).

There is a taxi rank at the station with plenty of taxis available. I can't imagine it would cost more than about €10 to the cruise terminal or there may be a bus or Metro. I don't know as we were on a land holiday and didn't go there.

We are getting ready to book our flights, but just aren't sure what is the earliest flight we should take? Meraviglia is supposed to dock at 8am I think, but just now sure how long it'll take to disembark, and get to the airport, customs, long lines, etc.....Anyone who can give us their experienced advise would be much appreciated. We do not want to end our Vacation by missing our flights back to the U.S. lol

I wouldn't book a flight before 11 am. That's what we've done for several European ports when disembarking. Marseille is a relatively small airport and the lines didn't seem to have the potential to be that terrible. We made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare for a noon-ish flight. If possible, carry your luggage off yourself (self-disembarkation) so you're the masters of your own fates, and be gentle but aggressive enough when pushing through the crowds to get your card scanned one last time.

Edited by sqroot3
Wording