Question for english-in-spain about early disembark

kataiga

Hello !

We are going on the TA end of this month,and want to disembark one port before Barcelona.

I see from your posts that you did this once,and we wonder if you had to pay anything to the port authorities ??

HAL says they might . Just wonderd if you had to ?

Hello !

We are going on the TA end of this month,and want to disembark one port before Barcelona.

I see from your posts that you did this once,and we wonder if you had to pay anything to the port authorities ??

HAL says they might . Just wonderd if you had to ?

We disembarked one port early from the Noordam TA in Alicante (where we live). We had to get permission from HAL. They contacted Alicante port to check it was ok.

I made sure I took my email confirmation of early disembarkation with us. We did a B2B Caribbean before the TA and as soon as we boarded the first cruise we went to the front office to confirm everything was ok. They didn't seem to know about it but that was not a problem. There were some forms to sign.

I actually quite liked getting off one day early. It meant we missed the last night and last morning and having to put luggage out. We had 33 days on board so it was still quite a good length and to be able to just drive home from the port in 15 minutes was great.

We did not have to pay extra port fees - although that was in 2011 so it is possible things could have changed.

At which port are you disembarking?

Thank you for responding so fast !!

We are debarking in Palma de Mallorca, where we live. It makes everything so easy,we can do some shopping in Florida without thinking about the weight of our luggage :)

Our home is 5 min from the port so our daughter will pick us up .

I am SO looking forward to this cruise !!

Thank you for responding so fast !!

We are debarking in Palma de Mallorca, where we live. It makes everything so easy,we can do some shopping in Florida without thinking about the weight of our luggage :)

Our home is 5 min from the port so our daughter will pick us up .

I am SO looking forward to this cruise !!

We were picked up from the ship by our friends. In order for them to get through security to pick us up at the ship we had to provide their passport numbers and they had to bring their passports with them for ID.

They were waiting for us right outside the terminal building. It was great.

After a few days in Florida and a B2B in the Caribbean you have no idea how much luggage we left the ship with knowing that we did not have to fly home from Barcelona :D

You live in Palma de Mallorca. Where are you from originally?

I have lived in Mallorca since 1976 so this is home now. I am Norwegian and my hubby is German,and he has been on the iland since 1962 !!

:)

This is our first time with Hal and we really look forward to go !

Archived