disney cruise in december?!

jwelch3

my husband and i are wanting to take our children on a disney cruise and i found one for december 2013 but i'm wondering if anyone has been to castaway cay in decemeber?? is it too cold to swim during that month in the bahamas? i would like any information anyone could give me about cruising in december!!

thanks

We sailed on the Fantasy on December 15th of last year. The water at Castaway Cay was rather chilly but some people did not mind. Unfortunately, a storm came through about 11:00 a.m. which brought the air temperature down about 15 degrees. After the rain passed some people did go back into the water.

8561253384_b26eb7009f.jpg

8561253610_5c69f46edc.jpg

We've been to the Bahamas on cruises in December, January and February. Never has it deterred swimming activities. I remember it being cold in WDW the one year BEFORE the cruise. And another year we had to throw coats on when we made it back to Florida after the cruise. But we have never had any chilly weather in the Bahamas on our cruises. I think we may have just been lucky ;)

Archived