How do you monitor price drops?

flyboyswife

We just booked for July and were told if the price dropped before we made final payment, we could get a lower fair. Are there monitoring websites or do I need to go in daily and input all our information (#adults, seniors, kids/ages). We usually book cruises at the last minute and don't have this option!

We just booked for July and were told if the price dropped before we made final payment, we could get a lower fair. Are there monitoring websites or do I need to go in daily and input all our information (#adults, seniors, kids/ages). We usually book cruises at the last minute and don't have this option!

Are you booked through a travel agent?

They will monitor it for you and let you know.

If not then its really looking at the DCL website regularly and seeing it for your cruise and match the price.

Not sure who told the OP this. DCL doesn't typically drop prices before the final payment date. They usually raise them as the ship fills up.

Anyway, if it was a TA that said this the TA should be monitoring the price.

DCL rarely has price drops until after the final payment date and then they are trying to fill the ships. They do this through various promotions: kids sail free, Florida resident rates, OGT, IGT, and VGT rates. The best general rates are found in booking early.

You can keep watch of rates by doing mock bookings. Do know however, that you would need to cancel completely and rebook your cruise if you are paid in full. It doesn't work like other cruise lines where you just call and get an OBC.

There is a site that monitors rates for you for a very nominal fee. For less than $5 I have saved over $2000 on my last three cruises. Whether or not Disney ever drops prices, you may want to check out the site. IMHO it's well worth it, rather than constantly doing mock bookings,

Google - cruise fare watcher. It's the first result listed.

Thanks everyone! We booked through a big warehouse club, so while they are a TA, they don't monitor. However, they will give the lower price (needs to be lowered by more than the cost of the change fee ($25) though) up through the paid in full rate.

• 1 month later...

I just talked to Disney today and asked this same question and they told me that if the price drops- I could get the difference in price up to the sail date. Which I find kind off odd- but I've called on 3 seperate occasions and have asked this same question and keep getting the same answer. However they did tell me, prices usually don't drop and if you do see a price drop- its usually a special and then you have to cancel and rebook. But I still check about once a week for price drop.

I just talked to Disney today and asked this same question and they told me that if the price drops- I could get the difference in price up to the sail date. Which I find kind off odd- but I've called on 3 seperate occasions and have asked this same question and keep getting the same answer. However they did tell me, prices usually don't drop and if you do see a price drop- its usually a special and then you have to cancel and rebook. But I still check about once a week for price drop.

You can possibly get a price change if it is before the paid in full date. Beyond that there are penalties for changes. The key here is it is not the sail date, but the paid in full date. The CM you spoke with was either misinformed or misspoke.

DLC has weekly promotions which you can easily find in their website. They don't have last-minute deals or back-door deals with travel agents. In fact, if I'm not mistaken they don't even allow TAs re-selling or re-pricing. Unlike any other cruise line, they keep complete control of fares.

Archived