Radiance of the Seas - Hawaii

GMC

I was considering the ROS to Hawaii in May 06. Any information/opinions would be appreciated.

1. Two weeks too long?

2. Too many sea days?

3. Thoughts about the ship?

4. Thoughts about the ports?

5. Why are we in Ensanada for 1 hr?

6. Will passports be required for this itinerary?

7. We have 5 people going. Two couples and 1 child. Will the Royal Family suite accomodate everyone?

As you can see I have a lot of questions. If you have any other insights it would be greatly appreciated!!!! :) :) :) :)

Hi GMC,

DH and I will be on the May 06 sailing. This will only be our second cruise and we've never been to Hawaii before so we can't fairly answer many of your questions. If you want, come on over to the very active Meet and Mingle thread for the trip and I'm sure many of the others can give you some great information. Hope to see you on the journey!

5. Why are we in Ensanada for 1 hr?

6. Will passports be required for this itinerary?

7. We have 5 people going. Two couples and 1 child. Will the Royal Family suite accomodate everyone?

5. Jones Act

6. Do everyone a favor and just get a passport!

7. Yes

Hi...we are also on this cruise, this will be our 2nd time on the Radiance and our first time to Hawaii. Our first time on the Radiance was a 15 day Panama Canal cruise San Diego to Ft Lauderdale...I thought 15 days were great, both DH and I love the sea days so we are looking foreword to all the sea days of this cruise! :D So I don't think 2 weeks is too long!! ;)

The Radiance is beautiful, very easy to get around, nice cabins with good storage and pleanty of dining options.

Psssports....we have them and won't cruise without them. You will be OK with original BC and photo ID...BUT passports will be required by end of 2006 so why not get them now???

Ensenada is a required stop cause of the Jones Act.....a foreign port is necessary when leaving from an American port...more to it than that but that's it in a nut shell.

The RFS sounds like it would be great for your party of 5....Because you booked a suite you'll get priority boarding in San Diego. Have you cruised RC before? If not be sure to sign us with the Crown & Anchor Society while on board, each member will recieve 2 credits. You can find all the details on RC website under the Crown & Anchor link.

Hope this helps. ;)

GMC,

I am going on the Radiance to Hawaii in October of 05, so we are the last 10 night (without continuing to San Diego, we are Honolulu to Ensenada). I haven't had this many sea days on a cruise before, but from what I have learned on here it will be fantastic! I'm sure you guys will have a blast!

Just wanted to let you know that a number of the people on our sailing will probably post reviews so we will have that much more info for you guys in late October.... hope this helps and have fun planning!

WBC

• 2 weeks later...

Archived