Looking for N.A. Cabana Club dinner under the stars menu

The Cabana Club menu we posted was from one of the first ones held on the Eurodam in Feb 2012, the price did increase from the initial $87 pp. I don't recall being asked to leave early the day of set up but we don't use the cabana area all day anyway, maybe 6 hours at the most on a sea day. We do remember many of the crew trying to sell the event to us during the cruise.

• 7 months later...

Just off Nieuw Amsterdam this past Sunday and a friend and I joined this event the evening of Cozumel. We had a massive wind, rain, and lightning storm but the staff went well above the call of duty. While getting absolutely soaked, they were checking on us in our cabana to make sure we were "okay" and that our wine glasses were full.

The cost was $129 per person and the menu was exactly that which was attached on this thread.

My wife and I did this a year ago on the N.A. $129 sounds right. It was pretty much the best extravagant dining experience to date. The ship sommelier and head chef put everything together and were involved throught the evening.

We began with the listed appetizers, wine and Grey Goose cocktails served in the open deck area between the Crows Nest / Explorations and the cabanas. You did not pick an appetizer - all of them were provided by different wait staff. Comfortable seating was provided.

After a half hour or so, we were led to our cabana. It was setup for just the two of us to dine. Almost like a sheik dining in the desert. When staff brought and took stuff, three sides of the cabana were closed and the open one looked aft. This reinforced the sense of intimate dining. We had close to a full moon casting a wide beam on the water leading right to us - that didn't hurt the ambiance. :)

The table for two was then filled with the second set of dishes and accompaniments and the next wine served. That was a common theme. Many dishes to choose from; one, some or all. It was a *very* relaxed pace. Good thing with the diversity and amount of food. It ran right at 3 hours, I believe, for the entire event.

The red wine served with the main courses was especially good. No limit on any of the drinks except room to go with the food.

We really debated about spending this kind of money on a single dinner. Afterward, we were glad we did. It really was a superlative experience.