Hyatt House - Fort Lauderdale / and Shopping Near By

canadiancruiser13

We booked a room in the Hyatt House - Fort Lauderdale for the day prior to getting onto

the Allure ( Oct 20/2013 ).

- Has anyone stayed at this hotel prior to boarding your cruise, if so - what was your thoughts about your stay?

- Would like to know if anyone knows if there is any shopping areas near the Hyatt House, or would we need to take a taxi to the Las Olas area?

I have stayed many times at the Hyatt Place across the drive that share the same shuttle. I have usually booked a car as that is my preference, but do see that most use shuttle. First review now on tripadvisor states that shuttle will take you within a 5 mile radius.

If you go to google maps can you get an idea of the area. You can also google Oakwood plaza Fort Lauderdale for a list of tenants on their website.

This low-mid-scale shopping area about 10 minutes walk from the hotel in strip-mall format with a K-Mart, Old Navy, Marshalls among others. Walking is relatively easy by local standards. Things are rather spread out and the area is built for those with cars.

I really like the restaurant chain Sweet Tomatoes and there is good location here and even though only a half a mile it seems farther.

Has any one ever done a members cruise- and if so can you tell us about it- what is different- entertainment? Do they have special speakers? There is one in Nov- transcanal.

Thanks,

Fran

Your question isn't relevant to what I originally posted.

You may want to start a "Thread" to ask your question instead of "Hijacking" my post.

Edited by canadiancruiser13

I have stayed many times at the Hyatt Place across the drive that share the same shuttle. I have usually booked a car as that is my preference, but do see that most use shuttle. First review now on tripadvisor states that shuttle will take you within a 5 mile radius.

If you go to google maps can you get an idea of the area. You can also google Oakwood plaza Fort Lauderdale for a list of tenants on their website.

This low-mid-scale shopping area about 10 minutes walk from the hotel in strip-mall format with a K-Mart, Old Navy, Marshalls among others. Walking is relatively easy by local standards. Things are rather spread out and the area is built for those with cars.

I really like the restaurant chain Sweet Tomatoes and there is good location here and even though only a half a mile it seems farther.

Thanks for the info.

We booked a room in the Hyatt House - Fort Lauderdale for the day prior to getting onto

the Allure ( Oct 20/2013 ).

- Has anyone stayed at this hotel prior to boarding your cruise, if so - what was your thoughts about your stay?

- Would like to know if anyone knows if there is any shopping areas near the Hyatt House, or would we need to take a taxi to the Las Olas area?

Hyatt House is a nice, newer hotel with a nice pool deck and a good breakfast. It's located just off Stirling Road across from Oakwood Plaza Mall which is a mall for locals not a touristy area like Las Olas.

Oakwood has a K-Mart that has a decent selection of popular wines and next door to it is a BJ's Wholesale Club where you don't need a membership to buy alcohol.

Restaurants on Stirling Road or in the mall are Chipotle, Burger King, Taco Bell, McDonald's, Moonlite Diner, Wendy's, Hollywood Ale House, Dave and Buster's, TGI Friday's, Sal's Italian Ristorante, Sweet Tomatoes, Red Lobster and Quizno's.

I'm guessing a taxi to Las Olas would be at least $25-$30 each way.

Edited by Florissouri

Hyatt House is a nice, newer hotel with a nice pool deck and a good breakfast. It's located just off Stirling Road across from Oakwood Plaza Mall which is a mall for locals not a touristy area like Las Olas.

Oakwood has a K-Mart that has a decent selection of popular wines and next door to it is a BJ's Wholesale Club where you don't need a membership to buy alcohol.

Restaurants on Stirling Road or in the mall are Chipotle, Burger King, Taco Bell, McDonald's, Moonlite Diner, Wendy's, Hollywood Ale House, Dave and Buster's, TGI Friday's, Sal's Italian Ristorante, Sweet Tomatoes, Red Lobster and Quizno's.

I'm guessing a taxi to Las Olas would be at least $25-$30 each way.

Thanks for the info.

• 10 months later...