Nassau and Freeport for six 18 year olds!

dcu

Hi. We will be traveling with a group of 18 year olds to celebrate graduation. We have a full day in Nassau - 11-8 and half day in Freeport -7-1. I have read lots of suggestions for a beach day for the boys and wonder if someone can offer an opinion between blue lagoon,just the beach day, and the Sheraton. I think we have ruled out Atlantis because of the cost. Carnival offers two Atlantis options, one called beach day for 105 pp and the aquadventure for 135 pp. It is not clear if the lower cost includes the slides.

Basically the boys would like to swim,snorkel,play football on the beach.

Freeport seems to be limited because the boys will not be getting off the ship at 7am and need to back on by 1pm. Maybe kun Ah at Tony Macaronis? Any suggestions for the group would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

Hi. We will be traveling with a group of 18 year olds to celebrate graduation. We have a full day in Nassau - 11-8 and half day in Freeport -7-1. I have read lots of suggestions for a beach day for the boys and wonder if someone can offer an opinion between blue lagoon,just the beach day, and the Sheraton. I think we have ruled out Atlantis because of the cost. Carnival offers two Atlantis options, one called beach day for 105 pp and the aquadventure for 135 pp. It is not clear if the lower cost includes the slides.

Basically the boys would like to swim,snorkel,play football on the beach.

Freeport seems to be limited because the boys will not be getting off the ship at 7am and need to back on by 1pm. Maybe kun Ah at Tony Macaronis? Any suggestions for the group would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

The beach day from carnival does NOT include the pools and slides, but it does include the aquarium.

The aquadventure pass includes the pools, slides and Aquarium.

Since u didn't mention your date. I want to warn you that the beach at atlantis and next door at Cabbage Beach are having severe issues with dangerous rip currents. They are red flagged currently, and we've already seen 2 drownings this week.

If swimming is what you are looking for.. you are better off at the sheraton (cable Beach area).

Not sure the boys will appreciate Blue Lagoon. water is shallow and I'm not sure they can use the inflatables at the kiddie park.

thank you scuba girl. I was hoping you would guide us! Our date is end of June. Good to know about the shallow water at blue lagoon. Sounds it is easy to catch a bus or taxi to the Sheraton.

any Freeport suggestions? Maybe the ladies going would enjoy lunch at tony macaronis. Thanks again. Your knowledge is very appreciated.

Hi Scuba Girl! Do you know how I can get some information on a day pass at the Sheraton (e.g., cost, advance reservations, transporation, etc). We are not interested in a room, just the amenities!

We leave April 4, so I really need to get a move on!

Thank you,

Kim

Hi Scuba Girl! Do you know how I can get some information on a day pass at the Sheraton (e.g., cost, advance reservations, transporation, etc). We are not interested in a room, just the amenities!

We leave April 4, so I really need to get a move on!

Thank you,

Kim

Day Passes are available from the front desk. Same day. Not in advance.

They are $30pp. 1/2 price for kids 4-12.

The #10 jitney from downtown on George Street will get you there for $1.25pp. Jitneys run every few minutes until 6:30pm.

Thanks Scuba Girl! I have a few other questions for you. How much would it cost to take a taxi to the Sheraton from the pier and how long to get there? How long does it take to get to the Sheraton by Jitney? Do the Day Passes at the Sheraton sell out?

If we decide to just take a taxi or something to a beach and bypass the day pass, can you recommend a really nice beach for us? Somewhere that have chairs, food and drink service, bathrooms, etc.

I really appreciate your input and assistance!

Thank you,

Kim

Thanks Scuba Girl! I have a few other questions for you. How much would it cost to take a taxi to the Sheraton from the pier and how long to get there? How long does it take to get to the Sheraton by Jitney? Do the Day Passes at the Sheraton sell out?

If we decide to just take a taxi or something to a beach and bypass the day pass, can you recommend a really nice beach for us? Somewhere that have chairs, food and drink service, bathrooms, etc.

I really appreciate your input and assistance!

Thank you,

Kim

taxi is $18 for 2 ppl $3 for ea. add'l person plus tip.

It takes about 10 minutes by taxi.. 15 by jitney.. but you can sometimes hit traffic which can add a few minutes. (and rush hour can add 20 minutes.).

Sheraton rarely sells out.. it's a large property with a long stretch of beach.

As for other beaches.. in order to find those amenities.. you need a hotel day pass. There are no public beaches that fit the bill.

Junkanoo beach is the closest with concession stands, a tiki bar, and chairs for rent. They also have restrooms, but no towels, drink or food service on the beach or lifeguards.

I'd opt for the sheraton .. more to do and better amenities.

Thanks again Scubagirrl! How would we get to the #10 jitney on George Street? Can we just walk their from the pier? Would you suggest taking the jitney back or getting a cab?

I really appreciate all your advice! Any other suggestions are more than welcome!!

Thank you,

Kim

taxi is $18 for 2 ppl $3 for ea. add'l person plus tip.

It takes about 10 minutes by taxi.. 15 by jitney.. but you can sometimes hit traffic which can add a few minutes. (and rush hour can add 20 minutes.).

Sheraton rarely sells out.. it's a large property with a long stretch of beach.

As for other beaches.. in order to find those amenities.. you need a hotel day pass. There are no public beaches that fit the bill.

Junkanoo beach is the closest with concession stands, a tiki bar, and chairs for rent. They also have restrooms, but no towels, drink or food service on the beach or lifeguards.

I'd opt for the sheraton .. more to do and better amenities.

Is the current bad at junkanoo beach?

Thanks again Scubagirrl! How would we get to the #10 jitney on George Street? Can we just walk their from the pier? Would you suggest taking the jitney back or getting a cab?

I really appreciate all your advice! Any other suggestions are more than welcome!!

Thank you,

Kim

Archived