just got off the Jewel

jobythebay

We are headed on the Jewel on the 31st. I know the weather for the first two days and last two days are iffy. The price of the cruise was just too good to pass up so we took a gamble! Do you think there is enough to do to entertain a seven year old if it is too cold to swim? He wont do the kids club so that is not an option for time. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Well I think the pool will be open the first sea day. If not the hot tubs will be warm enough for him. Too bad for the kids club. My daughter loves it. In the kids club now they have people who actually teach the kids how to do some circus acts such as juggling, walking on stilts, feather catching..etc Then the kids put on a circus for everyone in the main theater.... very cool.

on the Gem that leaves from NYC--in early march the pool was opened the day we left-even though it was 40 degrees-there was one day they drained the pool when turbulence caused too much water movement --

We also just got back.

Cruise director was Jaime - best one I've ever had.

Pools were always open

As most people say, weather great by noon of second day and really, up until yesterday afternoon about 4.

It was SO WORTH IT not to fly - we're about an 8 hour drive to NYC - totally worth it.

Jewel is our favourite ship. We also didn't eat in any specialty restaurants, although we did do chef's dinner - loved it. Also bought spa passes ... highly recommend that for relaxation and always getting a hot tub when you want one.

We had a suite for the first time and I'll be provocative and say that while we thought the service was excellent, and have no quarrel with the level of service from any staff member, we just didn't think the "suite life" was worth the money, or the hype on the boards, and won't be doing a suite again. I know, I know, I've opened myself up... Fire away....

We also just got back.

Cruise director was Jaime - best one I've ever had.

Pools were always open

As most people say, weather great by noon of second day and really, up until yesterday afternoon about 4.

It was SO WORTH IT not to fly - we're about an 8 hour drive to NYC - totally worth it.

Jewel is our favourite ship. We also didn't eat in any specialty restaurants, although we did do chef's dinner - loved it. Also bought spa passes ... highly recommend that for relaxation and always getting a hot tub when you want one.

We had a suite for the first time and I'll be provocative and say that while we thought the service was excellent, and have no quarrel with the level of service from any staff member, we just didn't think the "suite life" was worth the money, or the hype on the boards, and won't be doing a suite again. I know, I know, I've opened myself up... Fire away....

Welcome Home. Glad you had a great time. We are leaving April 7th. Did you go to the White Hot night? Any drink specials ? What time were you actually on Great Stirrup Cay ? Ocean water....warm ???

Thanks

What room number were you in and what type of room was it? We have a mini-suite slightly forward. Have only done mini's on Princess, and wondered how they are on NCL.

We probably won't do the specialty restaurants either. Where did you eat? MDR? Buffet? Did you try Blue Lagoon? How were each?

Thanks so much and welcome home.

That was our experience as well!

I feel pampered beyond belief on an NCL cruise no matter what cabin I am in and we didn't spend enough time IN the cabin to warrant the extra space...it was very nice, no doubt, but we are SO busy outside the cabin that for us, it just wasn't worth it.

The point is that you don't have to spend a ton of money to get a suite and have a great experience on NCL...you can be just as happy in any cabin category.

I think this is a good thing myself :)

Archived