Concierge Class?

Rapunzal

Hi,

Just considering going on Celebrity next summer and it has been suggested that Concierge Class comes highly recommended. Can any of you frequent cruisers out there give some advice?

We would like a little bit of luxury for our holiday next year is CC Class the way to go, or should we go for a suite?

Thanks a lot.

:)

Rapunzal

I would guess that "a little bit of Luxury" depends on your definition of luxury. Have you looked at the amenities available in Concierge class? Here is what you get in both.

Good Luck with your decision.

These are the perks you would get in a Celebrity ConciergeClass cabin:

Welcome champagne (full bottle in ice bucket when you get to your cabin)

Daily fruit selection

Fresh cut flowers

A menu of pillows: Conformance, Body, Goose and Isotonic

Pillow-top mattress

Duvets

Sofa Pillows

Leather key holder

Personalized stationary

Tote bag

Umbrella

The Bathroom:

Bath rugs

Bath mats

Oversized bath towels

Hand towels

Facial towels

Flower vase

Frette bathrobes

Hansgrohe shower head

Salon-quality hair dryer

A selection of shampoos, body lotions and soaps

Shower cap

Breath mints

Sewing Kit

Priority Service

Express luggage delivery

Priority Pressing service (service fee does apply)-you have to pay for the pressing but not the added fee for priority

Shoeshine valet

Priority Laundry service (service fee does apply)

Extended room service

Dining and seating preference (If the guests preferred dining time is not

available they will receive a priority wait list)

VIP invitations to events

Preference on shore excursions

Early embarkation and debarkation

The Veranda

Tables (suitable for two)

Cushioned chairs

High-powered binoculars

Suites come with European Butler Service on the Summit.

butler_service_thumb.gifspacer.gifCelebrity's Butler Service on Summit

spacer.gif

Celebrity's suites include European butler service, a Celebrity exclusive.

This service includes:

• Assistance with unpacking/packing
  • Daily news delivery
  • Full breakfast
  • In-suite lunch & dinner service
  • In-suite afternoon tea service
  • Evening hors d'oeuvres daily
  • Complimentary espresso & cappuccino
  • Shoeshine service
  • Delivery of requested board games

We enjoyed the Concierge service on our Feb cruise on Millennium. For us, it's the right choice for dollars on a Celebrity ship. Suites are considerably more. If you think you would enjoy the Butler service and would have a lot of extra requests, then a Suite might be right for you. If not, try CC. You will receive a few extra amenities that will add to your enjoyment.

Hi,

Just considering going on Celebrity next summer and it has been suggested that Concierge Class comes highly recommended. Can any of you frequent cruisers out there give some advice?

We would like a little bit of luxury for our holiday next year is CC Class the way to go, or should we go for a suite?

Thanks a lot.

:)

Rapunzal

You don't say which ship -- and it can make a big difference. CC cabins comprise all of the previously "Category 1" cabins on the various ships. Cabin size is an issue apart from amenities.

On the C-Class ships (Mercury, Galaxy, Century), the CC cabins are only as big as a Category 2 on the M-Class (Infinity, Constellation, Millennium, Summit) ships. On the M-Class ships, CC is 191 sq ft, and on the C-Class, it's 172 sq ft.

We've become so spoiled in our CC cabins (especially the aft cabins) on M-Class that we book Sky Suites instead of CC cabins on the C-Class or we lose space both inside and out compared to the cabins to which we've become accustomed.

Our last cruise was on the Summit.

Our friends were in a CC; we were in a Sky Suite.

For the $ we REALLY liked the suite better, we had more room, our butler was IMPECCABLE, wonderful, and the perks with the suite were marvelous. We got priority EVERYTHING.

Talk about spoiled. Dragged me off the ship biting, kicking and screaming!!

If it were me...I'd try the Sky Suite....the CC room was a lot smaller and the balcony too......so if you want more space.........

Have a great cruise either room you choose!

Mary

PS my shots at Webshots of the Summit have a lot of photos of the Sky Suite and a couple of the CC room.

If it were me...I'd try the Sky Suite....the CC room was a lot smaller and the balcony too......so if you want more space.........

Depends upon which CC cabin they get. Those aft CC cabins have verandas more than 3X the size of the one you had with your Sky Suite. The FV cabins not only share that, but are actually bigger than the Sky Suite inside, too. There's some interesting cabins back there... Look at the pictures by clicknig on the link in the signature line, below.

For C-Class ships, I'd definitely book the Sky Suite -- for M-Class, I'd be happier with more space and no butler in a FV for less bucks!

Pamssanity, We are also sailing with you on the 2/5 cruise. We will be above you just a few cabins down. I think our locations will be convenient to the stairs, elevators leading to the Sports Deck. I have read several posts which talk about my cabin and all seem favorable. I'm sure there are some CC posters that have been in your cabin or close to it. You might want to do a search for your cabin # to see what turns up. Enjoy your planning. We think the Millennium is a very special ship which provides great service.

Pamssanity, We are also sailing with you on the 2/5 cruise. We will be above you just a few cabins down. I think our locations will be convenient to the stairs, elevators leading to the Sports Deck. I have read several posts which talk about my cabin and all seem favorable. I'm sure there are some CC posters that have been in your cabin or close to it. You might want to do a search for your cabin # to see what turns up. Enjoy your planning. We think the Millennium is a very special ship which provides great service.

Look forward to counting down with you-- where are you from? We have never left from Ft. Lauderdale before so wondering where to stay the night before-- any suggestions? Any other suggestions as to things we might need? Thanks Pam:confused:

Pamssanity, We are from Ohio. We have sailed the Millennium twice and love the ship. We drive down since we also combine a visit with my mother who lives in Fla. We usually stay in Boca Raton, about 25 min from the cruiseship. We found a great Hampton Inn that is not your ordinary Hampton. If you fly, there are many, many hotels around Port Everglades. Don't try to over analyze all the info you will see on these boards. Our first trip, we knew very little and it was great. Sometimes too much knowledge is dangerous and confusing. If there is anything you want to know about the Millennium, please ask. If I don't know I'm sure there are others that can help. We enjoy sailaway on our balcony and since we are on the port side of the ship we can waive to all the condo and homeowners as we sail out sipping our champagne. Ft Lauderdale is beautiful. I grew up in Miami and remember many wonderful days as a youth at beaches in the area. Hope to meet you on the ship.

I had 9140 on Connie (her sister) and it was too small for us (8'X5') table & 2 chairs just fit.

We are booked on Millenium in cabin 8137-- is that a decent location or should I try for a different one? Thanks... we're going 2/5/06

We had a balcony room on the Infinity last year for a 7 day cruise.

We booked a CC room on the Constellation for a 14-day Baltics cruise with an oversized balcony (#8046). The $400 adder (about 16%) was well worth it to get about 20 extra square feet and the amenities listed earlier in this thread.

Booked CC again for South America in January on the Infinity.

There are some CC rooms at the back of the ship with huge balconies, but they go really fast!

When you book a CC cabin you also get two cruise credits on your Captains Club membership, just like the suites. This December we will be on our third CC booking. Trying to get to that Elite level!

The thing we have liked most by booking CC is the priority tendering, when necessary, and the early disembarkation.

Once you cruise CC class you will not go back!

Have Fun,

Rob

Archived