We Will Never Cruise With RCI Again

Seriously? This:

supports all of you various embellishments to OP's story?

What exactly did RCI do that deserved an apology or kind word?

Quite simply, they inconvenienced a paying customer that did nothing against their policies. If RCI doesn't think that is worth a simple sorry then they should retake customer service 101.

Saying you are sorry can go such a long way.

We had to ask a caller for permission to put them on hold, then apologize for doing it when picking the call back up.

As far as making my self look silly, I have no concern about that at all, as I could care less what you or others think about me!

My personal opinion is that what you stated in red is incorrect. If you could care less, that means you actually do care, because you could care less, but you don't.

The correct statement I believe you were looking for, is "I COULDN'T CARE LESS!"

Sorry for the break in action, please carry on with your regularly scheduled posting. :D

Dan.

P.S. - I can't believe I have two posts in this ridiculous thread now. :eek: Would you folks please quit pressuring me back into it! ;)

Quite simply, they inconvenienced a paying customer that did nothing against their policies. If RCI doesn't think that is worth a simple sorry then they should retake customer service 101.

We had to ask a caller for permission to put them on hold, then apologize for doing it when picking the call back up.

The last time I flew and went through security I beeped. They pulled me aside and used the wand to scan my body and found out it was my watch. They then told me it was ok and to go get my bags. They never said sorry or had a kind word.....hmmmm. I guess I should have thrown a fit.:rolleyes:

RCI security is NOT Guest Services. They don't have to apologize for doing their jobs.

Nope. That pretty well sums it up. OP was a petty whiner and was thrilled to find someone of like mind. BINGO! :D

Resorting to name calling as a tactic when discussing an issue is something that is done when you are left with nothing else.

You have removed all doubt as to who is the petty individual on here!

Nope. That pretty well sums it up. OP was a petty whiner and was thrilled to find someone of like mind. BINGO! :D

You have removed all doubt as to who is the petty individual on here!

See at least on this Point you agree with Paul65:D:p:D

The last time I flew and went through security I beeped. They pulled me aside and used the wand to scan my body and found out it was my watch. They then told me it was ok and to go get my bags. They never said sorry or had a kind word.....hmmmm. I guess I should have thrown a fit.:rolleyes:

RCI security is NOT Guest Services. They don't have to apologize for doing their jobs.

I disagree - it's a completely different situation.

Airport security are employed by the airport, not the airline you bought your ticket from. The airline therefore has no power over how the security staff behave.

The staff in RCI's "naughty room" should be aware of how to treat paying passengers. EVEN people who bring on vodka ... it's not illegal, it's just against RCI's policies. They should be politely informed the carry-on alcohol is not permitted and will be confiscated in line with the terms and conditions. In the OP's case an apology for the mistake was certainly in order. Customers pay for a relaxing and pleasant vacation, bot to be berated by staff for doing nothing wrong.

Airport security are employed by the airport, not the airline you bought your ticket from. The airline therefore has no power over how the security staff behave.

The staff in RCI's "naughty room" should be aware of how to treat paying passengers. EVEN people who bring on vodka ... it's not illegal, it's just against RCI's policies. They should be politely informed the carry-on alcohol is not permitted and will be confiscated in line with the terms and conditions. In the OP's case an apology for the mistake was certainly in order. Customers pay for a relaxing and pleasant vacation, bot to be berated by staff for doing nothing wrong.

Also, it might be noted that if the watch was put in the scanning tray as required the alarm might never have beeped. Maybe the airport scanners were the ones owed an apology.

vr

Is this all you have for an analogy ......

I have a better one.....you go to a store carrying a bag from another store and as you near the door you are stopped and told that you have something in your bag that you should not have. You open the bag infront of everyone there and proved you did not have anything that you should not have had. You deserve to be apologize to.

RCI security are employed by the cruise line and as they are in the service industry should always maintain common decency, even if they find someone who has broken the rules. They do not have to apologize for doing their job but they sure as hell should treat the customer with respect!

What mistake? There was no mistake, two bottles were spotted on the xray and they wanted to confirm the content of the bottles. I see nowhere mentioned that anybody accused the OP of having anything not allowed in the two bottles. There was no mistake at all.

What mistake? There was no mistake, two bottles were spotted on the xray and they wanted to confirm the content of the bottles. I see nowhere mentioned that anybody accused the OP of having anything not allowed in the two bottles. There was no mistake at all.

Then don't apologize for a mistake, apologize for the inconvenience. Pretty simple.

You caught me.....I created another profile nearly 4 years ago so that I could one day support myself if I was being attacked!

I love it.....all forums are the same....have some usefulness but along with that benefit you have to be subjected to people who have nothing better to do but attack others for no reason other than they can!

I only pointed out the obvious after reading the OP post , the OP then posted that I was correct. Now I'm a liar and a cheat as there can be no other reason why a person would defend another person.......my answer is simply, I dislike bullies and found that he was being bullied and accused of being a cheat and spoiled and entitled attitude etc without information to support these claims.

The whole issue lies at the feet of RCI......create a policy of how wine is to be transported on to the ship and be done with it.

I love this. It is so true! Some people on here never cease to amaze me.

You have dared to do the unthinkable here. You are defending someone who

DARED to say anything, anything against their cruise line.

So you do understand that you and the OP must now suffer the consequences of your action by being accused of not being who you are, you must be someone else, someone from the past, a pot stirrer, a troll, someone who was banned from here, anyone but yourself. For no one EVER says anything against their cruise line, not if they are a real person. HAHAHA!!!!

Carry on my Canadian friend, defend the OP all you want. You are bringing out all the paranoid, 24 hour a day posters who will spend hours and hours posting on here to make sure you and the OP are duly punished for saying anything remotely negative about their cruise line. But of course they will call you the fool....hahaha.

Sorry, I do not agree that simply having your bags screened as part of a routine process equals inconvenienced in any way that should not reasonably be anticipated as part of the process in today's world. Just having your bag screened -- even secondary screening in the so called "naughty" room-- is not worthy of an apology.

I never said it was the airline's fault so it is the same situation. Security personnel is in place to do their jobs not to coddle people. If something is suspicious it's their duty to investigate - no alopogy is required.

You say an alopogy was "certainly in order"....based on what? The OP's "perception" of the situation? How do we know if the staff was truly rude to him or wheter he just took things the wrong way due to his mood? He never really described what went on and refuses to elaborate on the situation. I've been to the naughty room and they are all business down there but I don't perceive it as rude just because they are not smiling.

And now, folks, we've now escalated these events to RCI staff having berated the OP.

WOW:eek:

The OP stated they usually sail Princess. According to Princess website Q&A, guests may take on one bottle each.

A few months ago Royal Caribbean changed their "no alcohol" policy to two bottles per stateroom per cruise. IF it is a B2B then 4, if a B2B2B then 6, etc.

I called C&A D+ desk and was told that it should be carried on and not put in checked bags. I have taken 4 cruises since the change in policy and have had no problem carrying wine onboard; one was a B2B2B.

Four cruises since the policy change? How do you feel about adopting a daughter???? Mom???? Are you there?

Oh I'm so envious....

ve

I love this. It is so true! Some people on here never cease to amaze me.

You have dared to do the unthinkable here. You are defending someone who

DARED to say anything, anything against their cruise line.

So you do understand that you and the OP must now suffer the consequences of your action by being accused of not being who you are, you must be someone else, someone from the past, a pot stirrer, a troll, someone who was banned from here, anyone but yourself. For no one EVER says anything against their cruise line, not if they are a real person. HAHAHA!!!!

Carry on my Canadian friend, defend the OP all you want. You are bringing out all the paranoid, 24 hour a day posters who will spend hours and hours posting on here to make sure you and the OP are duly punished for saying anything remotely negative about their cruise line. But of course they will call you the fool....hahaha.

Thanks, I run a hockey forum and have been dealing with these types of individuals for a long time.....

And now, folks, we've now escalated these events to RCI staff having berated the OP.

WOW:eek:

Well, they did watch him open his suitcase and pull out the wine, rather than averting their eyes until he said "now, look." That's pretty rough treatment.

Then don't apologize for a mistake, apologize for the inconvenience. Pretty simple.

They probably could have done this, but they didn´t.

All could have, should have aside, it remains that they (at least according to the OP and I have no proof what really happened) didn´t do it, so we can Keep on going with what could have, should have been done, but we can´t change the past.

The OP felt wronged and again it doesn´t matter if they actually were wronged, or if I agree with their feelings (which btw I don´t, but that´s irrelevant), they decided to turn their backs to RCI, so it´s a done deal for them and RCI - why isn´t it for us?

Anyway this has given me some Entertainment on a snowy day and I´ll check back tomorrow if there´s still stuff to laugh about on here tomorrow.

They probably could have done this, but they didn´t.

All could have, should have aside, it remains that they (at least according to the OP and I have no proof what really happened) didn´t do it, so we can Keep on going with what could have, should have been done, but we can´t change the past.

The OP felt wronged and again it doesn´t matter if they actually were wronged, or if I agree with their feelings (which btw I don´t, but that´s irrelevant), they decided to turn their backs to RCI, so it´s a done deal for them and RCI - why isn´t it for us?

Anyway this has given me some Entertainment on a snowy day and I´ll check back tomorrow if there´s still stuff to laugh about on here tomorrow.

Raining down here so no fishing. Otherwise I wouldn't (I think that's right after the could/couldn't care less lesson) give a rats a$$ about this thread.

Archived