Carnivals fishing excursion in cozumel

Nadersmom

Has anyone used the deep sea fishing excursions booked thru Carnival while in Cozumel?

We have a group that are going to Mr. Sanchos in November but DH wants to fish. Not really comfortable booking one on his own. It's not so much the higher cost but the fear of something going wrong and not making it back to the ship on time.

So I've found only a few reviews on the deep sea fishing thru Carnival. Has anyone booked this thru the ship and did you enjoy it? Did you catch fish? DH is an avid fisherman and he really wants to do this. Sitting on the beach for hours is just not his thing. Sitting on a boat with a rod is defintately his thing.

Thanks in advance for any help!

OK, so considering that there aren't verym many good reviews about the deep sea fishing thru Carnival I started looking outside of Carnival.

Didnt really want to because of the whole "don't miss the ship if something goes wrong and you didnt book thru Carnival" thing.

But we booked Mr. Sanchos thru Shore Excursioneer and they have some fishing excursions. One is a deep sea fishing and snorkling. Don't think DH will want that as he isn't a snorkler, he'll only want to fish the whole time.

But there is a private flats fishing excursion where they take you 10 miles north of the pier to some private lagoons for fishing. shortest is a 4 hour and it is limited to 2 people so I think that may suit him well. Also, he's a bass fisherman so he would rather cast and reel that just drop a line and wait like they do deep sea fishing

I emailed them with some questions and they've assured me that they have never had anyone miss the ship from this excursion (though I guess why would they tell me otherwise :rolleyes: )

They say they have marine radios in all of the boats to call for backup if needed for any reason. Fish for bonefish and many others. Its definately pricey, but I figure it's one of those one time experiences.

Anyone ever used Cozumel Watersports/Shore Excursioneer for this fishing excursion? I'd really like some feedback so we know if we are making a good decision. Can't find any reviews specific to this excursion anywhere.

Archived