Traveling with a minor who is not mine

We will be sailing on the Jewel in July with my cousin's 14 year old daughter. Her parents just went this past Saturday to get her passport. I also printed out a consent form for them to have ready for me to travel with. Do I need anything else? Does she need a school ID or something like that to prove who she is or is her passport going to be enough? I know others have been in this situation but this is the first time I'm taking someone with me that isn't my child. Thanx for your help!

We will be sailing on the Jewel in July with my cousin's 14 year old daughter. Her parents just went this past Saturday to get her passport. I also printed out a consent form for them to have ready for me to travel with. Do I need anything else? Does she need a school ID or something like that to prove who she is or is her passport going to be enough? I know others have been in this situation but this is the first time I'm taking someone with me that isn't my child. Thanx for your help!

Make sure the consent form is notarized. It should also give you power to make all decisions in her behalf, specifically for medical treatment.

Just the notarized letter signed by both parents and make sure it includes being able to sign for medical care, and for him to participate in the Adventure Ocean activities.

Passport is enough for ID purposes. Some ports want a picture ID to enter the port area, but this is usually not required for those under 16.

Maybe you are doing this already, but the consent form is usually required to be notarized.

RCL told me that the consent form has to give specific consent to sign the waivers for the wave rider and the climbing wall as those both require a separate consent form to be signed on board for everyone .

I am always taking a grandchild with me and with divorce there is a never ending name change going on somewhere. Always have the passport, just makes life easier, the letter should list (so you only need one letter) all travel you are doing with the minor...driving to port across state lines, flying on such and such airline, flight# from say BWI-MIA on date, taking cruise on Royal, ship name, date, itinerary, parents name giving permission to travel for child's name, to travel with your name. Also, to take part in and list all the extra on ship things, ice skate, flow rider, rock wall, anything else that might be on the ship you are sailing, plus all Adventure Ocean activities AND for any medical care or treatment needed. That about covers everything. Just compose something on line, print and see a notary for parents to sign. Have fun.

I agree with all of the above. Passport will be all she needs for ID purposes (and citizenship purposes) - and btw, how exciting to get her first passport! And as long as that letter is notarized and specifically authorizes you (named) to travel with, sign waivers and authorize medical care for her you should be good to go!

Have fun!

Just got this done for my upcoming cruise with my neice... in the UK the use of a Notary is very expensive, but far less than the disappointment of not being let into Dubai (needed specific travel consent to enter) or not being allowed on the ship.

There was a template on RCI website which i've attached!

RCI - Notarised_letter.pdf

Archived