Triumph and Sunshine News

Since you were cancelled twice, do you get two 25% discounts?

We rebooked the first cancellation already using the 15% discount for the 7 day,they better plan on still honoring the 7 day discount as I think that's the direction my group is leaning.

But we do have one in our group who was booked on the Triumph early March, replaced it with the Magic that same week (didn't use the discount), booked this May trip, and now that's cancelled. So I guess she's banking two discounts now?

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This is what was sent out:

FIRST PHASE OF CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES’ FLEETWIDE REVIEW ANNOUNCED; LINE TO CANCEL SAILINGS ON CARNIVAL TRIUMPH, CARNIVAL SUNSHINE TO FURTHER INCREASE OPERATING REDUNDANCIES AND BACK-UP SYSTEMS

Carnival Cruise Lines has announced the first implementation phase of its fleetwide comprehensive operational review, focused on Carnival Triumph, as well as Carnival Sunshine, which is currently undergoing a previously scheduled dry dock for product enhancements. The cruise line is making significant investments to enhance the level of operating redundancies and the scope of hotel services that can run on emergency power, and further improve each ship’s fire prevention, detection and suppression systems.

Given the necessary lead time to source needed materials and implement the enhancements, Carnival will extend the current out-of-service period for these two ships.

Carnival Triumph will now return to service on June 3, 2013, with a total of 10 additional cruises being canceled. Guests on the affected voyages will receive a full refund, reimbursement for non-refundable transportation costs and a 25 percent discount on a future four- to five-day cruise.

Carnival Sunshine, which is currently undergoing a multi-week dry dock to complete a comprehensive full-ship makeover, will now enter service May 5, 2013, following the cancellation of two European cruises. Guests on the canceled Carnival Sunshine voyages will receive a full refund, plus reimbursement for any non-refundable travel costs. Additionally, they will receive a 25 percent discount on a future cruise. The additional time out of service will allow for implementation of the enhanced operating redundancies and other measures.

“We sincerely regret canceling these cruises and disrupting our guests’ vacation plans,” said Gerry Cahill, Carnival Cruise Lines’ president and CEO. “We are fully committed to applying the recommendations stemming from our fleetwide review and to make whatever investments are needed despite the difficult decision to impact people’s vacations.”

Cahill continued, “Our team of experts has worked virtually around the clock to determine the best set of solutions and rapidly develop an effective implementation plan for both of these ships. Moving forward, we will have the ability to source materials and schedule improvements much more expediently, thus minimizing the scheduling impact on other vessels.

“I would like to provide continued assurances that all of our vessels have fully effective safety systems, equipment and training in place. Additionally, our ships receive regular inspections from the United States Coast Guard and other regulatory authorities. The changes we are implementing are focused primarily on improvements to better support continued power and hotel services should unexpected issues arise. In addition, we are applying new learnings and making enhancements in the area of fire suppression and extinguishing. Going forward, the review will focus on the balance of our fleet. While this process will take time, it is our highest priority and has the full support and resources of Carnival Cruise Lines and Carnival Corporation,” Cahill said.

Wise move by Carnival, implementing the deeper redundancy required by SOLAS 2010. I'd like to see a schedule of when they will retrofit the rest o their ships. Look for much longer dry-docks than the usual 2 weeks for each of the ships built before Breeze. I wonder if this is why they haven't yet released scheduled beyond next summer for most ships?

I am booked on Triumph April 18 and I haven't gotten any word from Carnival about it being cancelled and it is still there under "manage my cruise".

I'd be on the phone right now with my pvp or travel agent because Triumph doesn't sail until June. Carnival and John Heald both have it posted on Facebook.

I am booked on Triumph April 18 and I haven't gotten any word from Carnival about it being cancelled and it is still there under "manage my cruise".

More than likely you will not receive any word from Carnival.

They can't ever seem to get word out. You always end up finding things out here on CC

My thoughts exactly. The people who complain that Carnival is soooo substandard and soooo unsafe will be the same people who will criticize this move.

I couldn't agree with you more.

They've been saying it for three years and this is the result- past the point of chaos Carnival does something. And now thousands and thousands of people are a screwed.

Im thinking this will be merged with the other threads

But I do like to think Carnival is making the right decision to cancel those cruises and get things resolved now

For those that are affected by it I would be dissapointed if it happened to me but sometimes there needs to be sacrifices by a few to help the many;)

Not surprised about Triumph but surprised about Sunshine.

But 10 more weeks for the Triumph and only 3 for the DestinShine:confused:

Im thinking they are going to be doing a whole lot more to the Triumph than originally planned

If I was retired I'd sure take these two cruise as B2B..16-day trans-Atlantic crossing from Barcelona to New Orleans Nov. 1-17, positioning the vessel for a special six-day Caribbean cruise departing Nov. 18.

Although I can't imagine being on a cruise ship that long I am sure it must be a nice experience.

Im thinking they are going to be doing a whole lot more to the Triumph than originally planned

That's a safe bet. Not to mention they might not have known the full extend of damage to Triumph right off the bat until the repairs got into full swing. I seem to recall the same thing happened with Splendor. The return to service date got delayed.

But I am quite surprised about DeShine. Despite everything I wasn't concerned about a newly refitted ship. My biggest issue with Sunshine was it cramped more people in, not it's safety. But looks like Carnival has some concerns. Or it just wants to be double sure.

Sorry didn't mean to step on anyone's toes by posting just didn't see it and thought I would share with all my fellow cruise lovers!

It happens. Ive done it a couple times. The search function doesnt always work the best

Besides Some posters are just rude

Wise move by Carnival, implementing the deeper redundancy required by SOLAS 2010. I'd like to see a schedule of when they will retrofit the rest o their ships. Look for much longer dry-docks than the usual 2 weeks for each of the ships built before Breeze. I wonder if this is why they haven't yet released scheduled beyond next summer for most ships?

I agree! I have a cruise booked on Triumph for October. I think the redundancy packages are great and glad to see it happening so soon. Might as well do it while they're in drydock.

Not unhappy because they are repairing the Triumph, but unhappy because my original "girls weekend cruise" was scheduled for February 21st. We got cancelled, then I upgraded to a 8th floor balcony from Level 2 Ocean view.. Then because I had faith they would get the repairs done by the end of April (since they started selling bookings) I re-booked for May 2nd.....So can you more experienced cruisers tell me cabin and floor I can upgrade to in June?????:cool:

That's a safe bet. Not to mention they might not have known the full extend of damage to Triumph right off the bat until the repairs got into full swing. I seem to recall the same thing happened with Splendor. The return to service date got delayed.

But I am quite surprised about DeShine. Despite everything I wasn't concerned about a newly refitted ship. My biggest issue with Sunshine was it cramped more people in, not it's safety. But looks like Carnival has some concerns. Or it just wants to be double sure.

If they are doing redundancy they have to put up some new bulkheads between the engine bays. Besides the rewiring and rerouting of cables.

If it only takes 3 weeks on the DestnShine what are the other issues they are running into on the Triumph:confused:

Or they just going to upgrade 2.0 at the same and surprise everyone;)

If they are doing redundancy they have to put up some new bulkheads between the engine bays. Besides the rewiring and rerouting of cables.

If it only takes 3 weeks on the DestnShine what are the other issues they are running into on the Triumph:confused:

Or they just going to upgrade 2.0 at the same and surprise everyone;)

It isn't much longer.. the Triumph sails shorter cruises... so 10 cruises is more like 4 weeks...

Archived