I really need help with a price drop

taraleigh

My husband and I are booked for a May cruise. We are paid in full. The price dropped $130 per person for our sailing. Does anyone know if Carnival will do anything for me? I was not ES but we are past guests. The cancellation fee is more than the savings. Just have a really sour taste in my mouth over this. Not sure why i should be penalized for paying in full the day I booked. Thanks for any advice in advance.

I would call them up. All they can do is say no. Or call again and try someone else. Beware though I called today on what I thought was a price drop and was on hold for over an hour.

I have heard folks on here (currently another thread titled "Price Drops People") that someone mentioned booking past guest rate and they got price drops.

I am a past guest but when I booked 6/1/12 for a 11/9/13 cruise with only deposit Early Saver was the cheapest rate and then full payment this past January I have received no price drops simply because there haven't been any or I didn't see them that hour or that minute.

My husband and I are booked for a May cruise. We are paid in full. The price dropped $130 per person for our sailing. Does anyone know if Carnival will do anything for me? I was not ES but we are past guests. The cancellation fee is more than the savings. Just have a really sour taste in my mouth over this. Not sure why i should be penalized for paying in full the day I booked. Thanks for any advice in advance.

Did you book with Carnival or a TA? This thread shared a memo from Carnival to TA but a lot of people are having great luck getting upgraded in place of an OBC. Can't hurt to make a call~

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1810124

Usually not, but a representative when we called Carnival today said to submit it!

I was in the same situation. I saw that the spa balcony was going for less than what I paid for a cove balcony. I called and my PVP upgraded us to the spa balcony with full spa access. It doesn't hurt to ask for an upgrade!

They stopped the free upgrades as of 12/3/2012

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No they didn't. I have gotten free upgrades this year including a free upgrade last night and my cruise is paid in full and in 45 days. Others are getting free upgrades this year and/or week as well.

No they didn't. I have gotten free upgrades this year including a free upgrade last night and my cruise is paid in full and in 45 days. Others are getting free upgrades this year and/or week as well.

OK let me rephrase that. If you booked after December 3rd 2012 they had stopped it but with the CCL brand badly tarnished in the last month or so they seem to allowing everything to slide.

Before all these mishaps people that were booked after 12/3/12 were disallowed. Now not so much.:)

Bill

OK let me rephrase that. If you booked after December 3rd 2012 they had stopped it but with the CCL brand badly tarnished in the last month or so they seem to allowing everything to slide.

Before all these mishaps people that were booked after 12/3/12 were disallowed. Now not so much.:)

Bill

Gotcha! ;) I think we were all booked before 12/3/12 anyway. I do recall in the past they charged for changes especially after final payment was made.

Archived