Dream cove balcony cabin 2414

bubbakirk43

We were in 2412 (next door) on the Magic. There was a lot of noise from the galley above, but it didn't really bother us. There were no voices or pulsing music, but more like ambient rumblings from carts etc. It was almost like a gentle (but constant) thunderstorm. It might make some folks nuts, but we didn't mind.

I looked where your cabin is located and the good news is that you are not positioned directly under the galley.:) However, you are located near the aft stairs and elevators, which could present some noise interferences. IMHO it's still better than being under the galley/kitchen.:eek:

I was dying to try the cove balcony and booked one of the last coves on our sailing. After booking, I researched the white space located near me & discovered it was the galley. Carnival offered several upgrades to a higher deck and I declined each one because I wanted the cove so badly. After lots of turmoil, I finally recanted and accepted an offer.:rolleyes: Hope I don't live to regret it.:confused:

That said, I don't think that I would switch cabins if I were you. At least you're not under the kitchen, but are near the aft elevators/stairs. We have always preferred being located aft somewhere near the rear elevators because right upstairs is the Lido Deck and other popular spots. I'd take my chances with this cabin. Just sayin'...

Here's a link that provides info on every cabin on every ship. You are now armed with the proper data and can make your own informed decision now and in the future.:cool: http://deckplangenius.com/CabinProsCons.aspx?stateroom=42098

Enjoy your cruise!:)

Thanks for ya'll's responses ,I did some more research here on CC and the reviews were not good ,so I called Carnival and after a lengthy wait on hold I finally spoke to someone and changed my stateroom to 2284 ,more midship and not under the galley.

• 5 months later...

We were in room 2344 and were very surprised we didn't hear any noise in our room from the galley. I loved the cove balcony very much, but damn...the elevator rides to get anywhere near the top took forever! You'd finally get an elevator to come down to the 2nd floor and then people would board every floor.

I will avoid lower levels, if I can, cause waiting for the elevator and then waiting to get where you want to go sucked.

We were in 2431 on the Dream and it sounded like keg after keg of beer was being dropped from a 3 foot height for hours on end the entire night for the entire cruise. We had the option of an aft balcony or the cove, I chose the cove.

Would never ever, ever make that choice again. Our room steward told us the Coves in the next section were quiet, 2361 and 2334 forward.

HTH, Ms. B.

Archived