NCL Pre-Cruise Check-in in Oahu

balanceok

We have booked the NCL Pre-Cruise package before our cruise on the Pride of America. I understand this will allow us to register at the hotel prior to boarding.

Can someone give me more details on this? Will we still have to wait in line at the cruise terminal before boarding?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

While the other hotels have NCL desks that are staffed at times, the NCL Service Center at the Marriot is the only location that is staffed all the time. Unfortunately the way NCL has things set up the only way you can check in early is to be staying at the Marriot, not any of the other NCL hotels. Don't know the reason for this, I never got a good explanation from the people at the Service Center why they couldn't. That's one thing that NCL needs to change, since they don't make that limitation clear on their web site.

Even so, the check in at the pier goes fairly smootly and the two times we were down there (when we checked in and when the rest of our group arrived) there wasn't really a line. I suspect there were a lot of people on tours arriving at various times since the ship doesn't leave until 8:00pm, and that spreads it out.

Have fun on your trip, we had a blast on the Wind.

Jim

It certainly would be a great idea if NCL could pre-board at all their pre-stay hotels. This would be a great perk!

By offering this it only one hotel, it is like they are endorsing staying there versus the other ones.

Maybe they make a higher profit from Marriott. Who knows?

With the addition of Pride of America and more pre-cruisers, hopefully they will change this and offer it at all their pre-stay hotels.

We are post staying at the Marriott and I wish as a result I could pre-board there--I am staying at the Radisson and it is closeby and would be willing to bring my luggage over there. But have heard from others that even if you are staying at the Marriott, if you have not bought one of their pre-cruise packages, you can not be accommodated. That sounds silly to me too.

But maybe if enough people request this service they will add it, I hope.

We were on the pre-cruise excursion and the NCL Wind with Jim and Robin and did not stay at the Marriott. Our luggage went with us on the pre-cruise tour bus and was dropped at the pier with us. It was immediately taken by NCL and put on the ship. Check-in was a breeze. Maybe a one or two minute wait at most. Our luggage was at our room within minutes of us getting there!

Enjoy your trip!

Nancy

Archived