Help with tour

Chitownlou

We will be arriving in Barbados aboard the Carnival Valor (first time cruisers) on Wed July 10th and wanted to do that included a tour of the island and some time on the beach? Can anyone recommend a tour that won't break the bank. I have gotten quotes from as low as $35 per person (Scenic Barbados Tours) to $120 per person from other companies.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

• 4 weeks later...
We will be arriving in Barbados aboard the Carnival Valor (first time cruisers) on Wed July 10th and wanted to do that included a tour of the island and some time on the beach? Can anyone recommend a tour that won't break the bank. I have gotten quotes from as low as $35 per person (Scenic Barbados Tours) to $120 per person from other companies.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Just returned from Barbados and had the most incredible tour with Tyrone Griffith. It's worth contacting him and he will work with you on what you'd like to do and see while there. He charges $25/person and your beer, rum punch and water is included. Make sure you mention my name, Catherine (Team Catherine) and he'll take great care of you. You can't go wrong with him!!

tiatonagi@yahoo.com

Just returned from Barbados and had the most incredible tour with Tyrone Griffith. It's worth contacting him and he will work with you on what you'd like to do and see while there. He charges $25/person and your beer, rum punch and water is included. Make sure you mention my name, Catherine (Team Catherine) and he'll take great care of you. You can't go wrong with him!!

tiatonagi@yahoo.com

We were in Barbados on Easter Sunday and toured with Tyrone..As this poster said he will take great care of you and provides a terrific tour for $25. His van is air conditioned, he is a great guide and I feel assured you will be happy if you tour with him. Tell him Bob F. mentioned this and you might say the man who witnessed the poor monkeys tail. Have a great cruise

We were in Barbados on Easter Sunday and toured with Tyrone..As this poster said he will take great care of you and provides a terrific tour for $25. His van is air conditioned, he is a great guide and I feel assured you will be happy if you tour with him. Tell him Bob F. mentioned this and you might say the man who witnessed the poor monkeys tail. Have a great cruise

That you all for the info. I actually did book my tour with Tyrone. Looking forward to it.

• 1 month later...
can Tyrone handle large groups (17 people)? and customize so that some can see turtles and everyone can do some sightseeing?

and just to confirm, his email is tiatonagi@yahoo.com

He certainly can handle groups of 17! We had 22 on ours. And yes that is his correct email!

Please tell him Catherine & Frank from Toronto send him a big Hello and our best!

Highly recommend Tyronne for your tour of island. We went all around the island and made several stops along the Way. He is a very gracious, respectful person who loves accomodating his guests. He will customize your day and was very reasonably priced. $25 per person. BTW, his wife makes a terrific rum punch that Tyronne offers you on the trip. We loved our day with Tyronne and will do it again when we get back to Barbados. We were there the end of May 2013.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I found Tyrone threw Cruise Critic back in July for our cruise in Oct./Nov, for a 3 to 4 hour island/beach tour. Tyrone responded in a timely fashion. He even helped us out when our tour became overbooked when 22 people signed up. He was very upfront and let us know his van only holds 7 people and that he couldn't be held responsible for the condition of the bus since it's not his own vehicle. We still took our chances and continued on with this tour. He made sure in a detailed email to let us know where to meet. Once we met we had a FANTASTIC tour. Since Tyrone doesn't have a bus license, he hired a driver Mike and he was an excellent driver, and very friendly. Tyrone was very upset over previous negative comments on here so he came on our tour and narrated for over 4 hours!!! He was very personable, friendly and professional. At no time did we feel rushed and he always made sure everyone got their "pics". The other passengers - also cruise critic members - seemed to enjoy it as well. I would highly recommend Tyrone! If and when we ever go back to Barbados I will most definitely look Tyrone up again!!

• 1 year later...

Based on the posts in this thread, we booked a tour with Tyrone for 12/31/14 and confirmed a couple of weeks before. The day of the tour we arrived at the meeting point and there was no Tyrone. We waited and eventually identified another couple from the ship that was waiting for him. The meeting place was the taxi stand for the port and the folks who ran the place tried calling Tyrone several times but his phone was off. After waiting for 45 minutes, we finally gave up and the taxi stand woman got us another driver who gave us the same deal. His van was new and comfortable and he was a wonderful guide. It also seemed like there were plenty of reputable guides waiting for customers.

Obviously I don't recommend Tyrone. In my opinion, there is no reason to worry about booking a guide in advance. Just walk down the sidewalk to the taxi stand the women there will get you fixed up. Enjoy Barbados!