Need 6/5/05 Majesty Review

nomie

While we had a great time, we were a little dissappointed in some things. The sailing was smooth, the weather great (it only sprinkled a while upon leaving Bermuda and was in the 80's with low humidity everyday), most of the food was very good, and the ship was clean and comfortable. Our dissappointments came with the entertainment. The pool band wasn't very good (they don't even have a real steel drum!), the trio Amadeus was hit or miss (some songs they did well and some were not so good), no dance lessons at all, out of 16 fitness "classes" on the schedule 12 were either lectures or $10 extra pay classes, and the craft classes were pretty lame. The dancers and singers were quite good (3 of them were on our Sea cruise last year and it was nice to see them again), Rudi was Rudi if you like his kind of humor but for us seeing his show 2 years ago on the Wind was enough, the comedians were very good, and the piano player/singer was also pretty good. We loved Bermuda and it was a good cruise. We were just used to more activities on prior cruises so if the deal was good we would do this again but would be prepared in advance. I'll be happy to answer any specific questions.

Thank you for the feedback. By chance, is the President's menu still offered one night in the formal dining room? And do reservations fill up quickly for the Pasta Cafe?

And -- as I'll be eating all that food -- which fitness classes had a fee? Did they have a daily walk-a-mile?

Thanks!

By chance, is the President's menu still offered one night in the formal dining room?

The President's menu was offered on Wednesday.

And do reservations fill up quickly for the Pasta Cafe?

We didn't eat in the Pasta Cafe - the menu was rather limited and the selections didn't appeal to us but talked to others that loved it and yes, said it was hard to get reservations so make them early.

And -- as I'll be eating all that food -- which fitness classes had a fee? Did they have a daily walk-a-mile?

There were several yoga and pilates classes that had an extra fee and only 1 walk a mile on Tuesday morning before docking.

There were also a couple of body sculpting classes and 1 cardio class. Out of the 16 fitness activities listed only 4 of them were not a lecture or extra charge class. No t-shirt this cruise - we did our own walk a miles and used the machines and free weights.

Lisa63:

Somewhere on these boards you will find a review by beachwarmer, who also posted the FreeStyle dailies -- you'll find all the info you need there regarding fitness classes and walk-a-mile, which they did do, as I recall, every day in port.

The President's menu was offered, don't remember what day (check those dailies).

We made reservations in the Pasta Cafe two evenings, and didn't have any trouble getting in -- however, I would advise you to make your ressies early in the day -- even though it doesn't look like the place is "full" they may not have enough staff that evening to take care of all the tables, hence the smaller crowd. The food in the pasta cafe has greatly improved this year, thanks to a fill-in chef from the Dawn!

Enjoy the Majesty! We LOVE this ship! :D

There were a few differences last week from the dailies that were posted in Beachwarmers review. There were only 4 fitness classes that were not either for an extra charge or a lecture. Only 1 of these was a walk a mile. Of course you can do like we did and walk a mile (or 2) yourself - 4 laps is a mile. Also the 1st and only formal night was on Monday and was lobster night. The President's menu was offered on Wednesday.

Thanks. It looks like they keep moving this Presidents' Menu around. :) Not a big deal. I'll find out when I board what night it's going to be, and make our reservations for the Pasta Cafe accordingly. Thanks for the info!

This may sound strange, but I consider the Presidents' Menu one of the highlights of an NCL cruise. We've enjoyed it twice so far, and the sea bass is incredible.

There is only 1 OPTIONAL formal night on a 7 day NCL cruise. The smaller of the 2 main dining rooms is reserved for those dressed in formal attire - a dark suit with a tie is fine if you want to dress up. The larger dining room has the same menu but is still resort casual for the evening. The President's menu contains items that were favorites of different presidents during their white house years and the offerings are very good and some are quite unusual. This was not on the formal night last week on the Majesty - it was on Wednesday. The formal night was Monday and was the Captain's Gala Dinner which included lobster tail.

DH claims they were Maine lobster tails last year on the Majesty. I don't care for lobster so I wouldn't know the difference.

We were in formal attire for the first formal night and we were able to be seated in the larger main dining room. You don't have to sit in the smaller main dining room.

My mistake about the President's menu. President's has been my favorite menu both trips. Just love the "Floating Islands" dessert!

Archived