6/1 10 day Hawaiian Cruise on Norwegian Wind Review

chipnchair

I will be on the July 23rd sailing of the Wind (an 11-night sailing), which is apparently the first Wind itinerary that goes for 2 nights in Lahaina. From reading the dailies, the 11 night trips do NOT go past the lava, since they have gone around the Big Island counter-clockwise from Hilo.

The 10-night trips go from Hilo to Fanning Island (clockwise from Hilo), allowing them to go past the Volcano.

If I am wrong, please correct me. Thanks!

The old itinerary the ship does pass by the laval flows on the 2nd night on the 11 day cruise. With the 10 day cruise, it's somewhere near the end of the cruise.

I'm not sure if the ship will pass by the lava flows with the new itineary however.

I had noticed the Lava viewing was featured prominently on the dailies for the 10-night Wind trips, but not mentioned on the 11-night trip dailies.

One month from right now, I will be checking into my hotel in Honolulu!!!!!

I am also on the 7/23 sailing. Anyone know if there are tour vendors at the piers? I have scheduled tours but left one day pre-cruise open. Not sure what I want to do. Also can I use one of the hotel kiosks to book a tour even if I am not staying at that hotel?

Becky

Archived