tendered ports/ Conquest

dougemt123

We were told that there will be a minimum of 1 tendered port but there may be more. Anyone have first hand info on this. I think Grand Cayman is a tendered port anyone know of any others, and any problems with them? We sail next March and are doing lots of research beforehand. Thanks.:)

We sailed In Ferbruary on the Conquest and GC was the only tendered port. We scheduled our own excursions and we were off the ship without a problem. The tender seemed to take less than 10 minutes...maybe even less than 5. It was a nice ride....enjoy. You will love the ship

We just returned from the Conquest western caribbean itinerary on Sunday. Grand Cayman was the only tendered port. In the Carnival Capers they tell you to plan for a total of 45 minutes to use the tender service to shore. I don't believe it has ever taken us more than 20 minutes to tender ashore or back to the ship. The only risk of "tender ports of call" is that they have a higher risk of cancellation. If the wind is excessive or the seas are extremely rough the port of call, the Captain generally won't chance it. I wouldn't let this risk steer you away from a Grand Cayman itinerary however. It is an amazing port of call.

Sailed the Conquest in March and G.C. was the only Tender port we had. We also booked our own excursion and had no trouble getting off as long as you are early down to the Lounge for your Tender ticket. From what I heard later, the wait for the Tender was around 20 - 30 minutes for those that were late risers.

The tender in itself was very nice - no rough seas - and the tender was a large one based there in G.C. Never saw the Conquest lower their own Boats which I had been used to in the past. We came back relatively early - right after Lunch - and were able to walk right on a Tender with no waiting. The lines start forming later in the afternoon as the departure time approaches.

Hope you have a great Cruise. The Conquest is one of my favorite ships and I know you will have FUN! :) Bon Voyage!

Archived