Kids on Caribbean Princess in August?

Soxfan4ever

My wife & I are going on the CP for a 35th anniversary trip this summer; it's our first cruise. I am curious as to what to expect on the number of children that might be on board during a summer vacation. We always travel during the school vacation weeks (she's a school administrator), so it's not a problem for us at all.

Is it significantly more hectic when cruising when kids are out of school? Does it depend on the cruise line? I would think that Carnival and Disney might have a higher number of children than some lines. We are looking forward to our first cruise in a few months. Thanks for your feedback!

Princess actually limits the number of kids allowed aboard for each cruise.

Yes, in August it is still summer vacation and there will be more kids on every line than during school months, unless the itinerary you choose is longer or more exotic. I do agree with your comment that there will be many more on Disney and Carnival, and also likely on RCI's Voyager class of ships.

Perhaps you would consider a southern itinerary? Because those ships leave from SJU, there are in general fewer kids aboard (more expensive airfare).

We sailed CP last June 04' and CCL Fascination 2 wks ago- There were less children (not significant) on CP- DH and I cruised CP alone no kids- CCL was w/kids. We choose a shorter cruise 4 days w/kids. I think this plays a factor.

The CP is gorgeous!! If this is your first cruise, look out, you will be hooked! Have a great time! Sandy

• 4 weeks later...
My wife & I are going on the CP for a 35th anniversary trip this summer; it's our first cruise. I am curious as to what to expect on the number of children that might be on board during a summer vacation. We always travel during the school vacation weeks (she's a school administrator), so it's not a problem for us at all.

Is it significantly more hectic when cruising when kids are out of school? Does it depend on the cruise line? I would think that Carnival and Disney might have a higher number of children than some lines. We are looking forward to our first cruise in a few months. Thanks for your feedback!

June Caribbean Princess Cruise. We just got back.

3300 passengers. 300 teenagers, 300 little ones.

The only problem is the pools. You cant get near them. But go to the Riviera Deck. Adults only pool, if rules are enforced. I am surprised they let kids in the hot tubs.

Archived