MSN article..Luggage goes diving on a cruise!

MamaTene

This happened to a lady on our Infinity South American cruise in Feb./Mar. this year. They fell in the water during loading in Valpariso.

Celebrity did the following: 1) Gave here $500 credit in the emporium so she could get clothes while they got her's cleaned. 2) Promised to replace any that did not clean up properly(we understand they cleaned up beautifully) 3) Upgraded her to one of the stern suites. 4) Purchased her new luggage. There may have also been other things they gave her.

We watched in Singapore while several bags 'took the plunge' while being transferred off the shiip. Not sure what happened with these but I felt so bad for the owners of this luggage. I can't even imagine going to pick up your suitcase and have it dripping wet inside and out. :eek:

thanks mamatene for the interesting article. It just goes to show why trip insurance is so important. My husband is skepticle about buying it since we have cruised before without it... after reading all the what if's....It's so important to have it!

I've self-disembarked on several Princess ships in several ports, as well as carrying my own luggage on. I'm pretty sure that varies depending on both ship and port. But, I haven't had any trouble.

The gangways vary depending on the pier. Some are straight, some are very slightly inclined, and others have a few stairs.

Archived