What to do for hotel in OSJ, late arrival?

Familygoboston

I booked Plaza D'Armas in OSJ, because it had good reviews as an place right in the heart of OSJ. But the information I have says latest check in is 11:30 PM and our flight doesn't arrive till 11:40 PM. Does anyone have any experience with late arrivals, or any hoteliers on here know if that will be a problem?

My Spanish is iffy...if I called the hotel I'm not sure I could communicate our needs, and could I count on them to wait for us? Anyone tried this?

I suppose I could book one of the big resorts in Condado, (likely to have 24/7 staff) but we were hoping to spend the morning and afternoon exploring OSJ again before embarkation.

Any thoughts? TIA!

I have never had a problem communicating with the front desk staff at the hotels in English. Last year we stayed at the Villa Herencia and this year we are at Hotel Casablanca. I have called both with questions and was able to get answers. They will answer the phone in Spanish but once you start talking you should be fine!

Some of the smaller hotels do not have desk staff very late but they may be able to work something out for you.

Yes, we are lucky most in the tourist industry have better English than my Spanish ! Thanks for the advice; but I'm still left with a manager promising something that the tired desk clerk has to do ( and may decide not too:eek:!) I am thinking of switching my plans. We will book an airport hotel on Friday night so we can check in late, then book an OSJ hotel the day we disembark and drop our luggage then explore the port on our last day. This way we can be sure we can check in late!

Thanks!

Archived