Lisbon, Crossing the 25th Abril bridge by train?

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone can help us, we are looking to cross the Abril 25th bridge on the 7th May, we have tried before but I think you needed a card to pay? any advice would be much appreciated. I believe we dock just under the bridge, there is a station just up the road, not the station for Belem but the 1 further up the road, I believe it is a small terminus, we would have taken the train from there for 2 or 3 stops to connect to the train that goes across the bridge, but we could not find a ticket machine or ticket office to pay.

Again any help would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Oddjob

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why the station you went to didn't have a ticket machine, but you're stuck if it doesn't. Would you consider taking a taxi across the bridge? I find the taxi fares in Lisbon quite reasonable. You might even make a deal with one of the drivers at the dock for a flat fee for taking you across and back.

I did find something on Virtual Tourist about the Lisbon-Pragal Fertagus train, which can take you across the river to Pragal and then you can catch the train back into Lisbon from there. Here is the post and it's all the way at the bottom of the page (and the last thing on the post). Hope this helps.

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/Portugal/Distrito_de_Lisboa/Lisbon-286122/Transportation-Lisbon-Train-BR-2.html

Archived