Crown Loft Suite 1742-AMAZING!!!

We are sailing on Allure for the past two weeks and this week we are in Crown Loft 1742. I have to say, I am IMPRESSED! It is soooo beautiful! I wasn't sure about booking this because it's a bit pricey but we are so glad that we did. It is absolutely amazing!!!!!

One comment that I DO have though. From around 5:30 till 9:30 each morning, there is a swinging squeaky (and then slamming) door every few minutes. It is random but we figure it is from the Windjammer below us. We asked the room attendant and for a few days , it was minimal but today I noticed it again (ALOT). I believe each suite/room has it's advantages and disadvantages though . Just wanted to mention this in case someone was noise sensitive because it can be upsetting to some. For us, it isn't annoying enough as the suite itself is so wonderful!!!

Aside from that, this is a great suite to be able to spend a week in! For anyone that is sailing in an crown loft any time soon, you will LOVE IT!!!

The OP left out a very important part which is that Oasis Crown Loft Suite 1742 is a Handicap Accessible Stateroom.

Based on a Federal Law that went into effect January 1, 2012 anyone booking an accessible room is required to have at least one occupant of the cabin that has a mobility and or physical disability that requires the use of the accessible features that are provided in the room. Under this new law the Hotel and or Cruise line can request certification of such need. RCCL does require one to certify the need of a HC Accessible Cabin at time of booking. BTW based on information that the OP has previously posted on CC they did meet the requirements of the new law .

Edited by xxoocruiser

One comment that I DO have though. From around 5:30 till 9:30 each morning, there is a swinging squeaky (and then slamming) door every few minutes. It is random but we figure it is from the Windjammer below us. We asked the room attendant and for a few days , it was minimal but today I noticed it again (ALOT).

Very glad that you enjoy 1742! Speaking about noises, last time when we stayed in your neighboring suite 1740 on the Oasis, we heard quite a bit of noises, sometimes late into the evening, from the basketball court when things got competitive and exciting there.

But overall, it was an absolutely splendid stateroom!

The OP left out a very important part which is that Oasis Crown Loft Suite 1742 is a Handicap Accessible Stateroom.

Thanks! This is an important detail as, because 1742 is the only accessible CL in the entire ship, the photos would show considerably larger space (plus an elevator which is absent in the regular CLs) than the regular CL1s and CL2s.

To match the space offered in 1742 in regular, non-accessible loft staterooms, one would have to book the SL 1720 or 1718 (1720 is preferable). And of course the colossal RL 1740 would be a viable option if it hasn't already been reserved, but it would cost still more.

Edited by Kinofdc

I noticed the location above Windjammer and anticipate some noise, but I don't suspect my "grandteens" will care much.

I would love to see actual photos of 1742 if you find the time. We are really excited - and I haven't even told the boys which ship - only that since they will graduate next year we are doing it up BIG for what my be our last annual summer cruise.

Based on a Federal Law that went into effect January 1, 2012 anyone booking an accessible room is required to have at least one occupant of the cabin that has a mobility and or physical disability that requires the use of the accessible features that are provided in the room. Under this new law the Hotel and or Cruise line can request certification of such need. RCCL does require one to certify the need of a HC Accessible Cabin at time of booking. BTW based on information that the OP has previously posted on CC they did meet the requirements of the new law .

If the OP booked this after final payment - those requirements are waived.

But I am sure you already knew that.

Thanks for your review of Loft Suite. Can you get upgraded to a loft if you are in a GS since the loft is soooo! expensive? I was wondering if an upgrade was ever given to a loft.. Does RC ever reduce the prices on lofts? Glad you had a great time....

Thanks for the post. We are in a GS on Allure in Sept. and I have been thinking of upgrading !

I have to agree, we got to see a Crown Loft Suite on our Cabin Crawl - truly different - lots of open space.

We were also "invited" into a "Sky Loft Suite" while on the crawl, which is on one corner of deck 17, totally amazing.............lots, and lots, and lots of space.

RCI Cruisers 004: the reason I quoted you is we generally stay in GSs or an OS if the price is right.

And I planned on booking a CL suite next time we are on a Oasis Class ship. But we also visited an owners suite during our cabin crawl located on the hump, which is where I think most of the OSs are located.

It is setup like a traditional OS from most of the fleet but it is a tad bit larger than those on other ships with a huge veranda versus the GS on Oasis Class, which are a tad smaller.

I just wanted to mention this if you are thinking of upgrading.

Good luck - I know you'll be happy no matter where you book.

g

I have to agree, we got to see a Crown Loft Suite on our Cabin Crawl - truly different - lots of open space.

We were also "invited" into a "Sky Loft Suite" while on the crawl, which is on one corner of deck 17, totally amazing.............lots, and lots, and lots of space.

RCI Cruisers 004: the reason I quoted you is we generally stay in GSs or an OS if the price is

Thanks for the post.....I have been checking prices almost everyday, and as it looks right now, it would be cheaper by $300 to book the CL over the OS. Strange I know, but that's how it shows up. One concern I had was we enjoy a balcony that overlooks the ocean like in a GS or OS, but I guess if you are in a CL you would have more of a panoramic view ! Thanks again !

I have read several CC posts where GS people received upgrades to CL close to the sail date. On our June sailing, there must have been a large group or TA cancellation because the CL facing aft were all booked and are almost all now open again. The CL facing the sea remained fully booked when I last checked.

Unless those aft facing lofts sell soon, I think some GS people will be receiving upgrade fairy messages. I have never been on Oasis class ships before and am really looking forward to our CL. I really felt that with a ship this size, the suite perks would be a benefit for show seating, tendering etc.

Thanks for your review of Loft Suite. Can you get upgraded to a loft if you are in a GS since the loft is soooo! expensive? I was wondering if an upgrade was ever given to a loft.. Does RC ever reduce the prices on lofts? Glad you had a great time....

Brother upgraded from JS to CLS for $1200 2 days before sailing. Occasionally happens!!!:D

Thanks for your review! We had a GS booked in April and then prices tumbled for the CL, right before final payment. So for an extra $100 total we were able to upgrade to an ocean view CL. A view of the sports court would have saved us a few hundred, but I wanted that ocean view.

I have photos of the Crown Loft in both my Allure and Oasis photos in the link below.

Thanks for the photos! Can't wait to see ours next month.

If the OP booked this after final payment - those requirements are waived.

But I am sure you already knew that.

Yes I'm aware that the requirements are waived after the final payment period for all unsold HC cabins. However if you read my post completely you would have known that this was not the situation. My post clearly stated " BTW based on information that the OP has previously posted on CC they did meet the requirements of the new law .

I have photos of the Crown Loft in both my Allure and Oasis photos in the link below.

Thanks for your input and knowledgeable posts. I know this is kinda off subject from the OP, but as long as we are on the subject of Allure, can you tell us where you recommend eating on embarkation day for lunch . We are kinda iffy on windjammer. Does the concierge lounge offer anything for lunch or is there a place you recommend ? We will probably hit the MDR for dinner, but any better suggestions will be appreciated....thanks !

Thanks for your input and knowledgeable posts. I know this is kinda off subject from the OP, but as long as we are on the subject of Allure, can you tell us where you recommend eating on embarkation day for lunch . We are kinda iffy on windjammer. Does the concierge lounge offer anything for lunch or is there a place you recommend ? We will probably hit the MDR for dinner, but any better suggestions will be appreciated....thanks !

The last two cruises we reserved a space at Giovanni's Table. They open at noon and we took our time over a nice non rushed lunch. The cost is $15.00 per person but well worth it to skip the rush. Once we finished with lunch, the staterooms were available. Other options are the Park Cafe but it gets busy rather quick. Also the Solarium Bistro is open. I suggest avoiding the WJ. I did not like it at all. Cramped, crowded and subpar food IMHO. I think Johnny Rockets and Rita's Cantina was also en but both require a surcharge also.

Edited by cruisingator2

The CL is an amazing cabin. We had one (1730-Aft) on Allure. Enjoyed the panoramic view, and people watching, felt like an entirely different cruise experience, more entertaining and fun.:D Booked our first OS on Independence, looking forward to that cabin also.

Edited by AFsouth