Help! Cruise Weather... First time Cruiser!

Punu

:confused: I'm freak'n out here... I've been check'n out the yahoo :eek: weather every week for 2 months and it's got thunder storms in the keys and mexico area everyday?!?

I booked the dolphin encoutner there as well, as first time cruiser i'm going nutz that I might miss out on everything cuz of weather...

anyone got any suggestions to why it says this?

Well it's the tropics and that stuff happens this time of year. Relax. The rain is hit and miss and usually doesn't last long unless you are caught in a tropical system of some sort. Rain seems more likely in the mid to late afternoon. Book your excursion in the AM and I think you'll at least have better odds.

The truth is you might miss something but not everything.

Try not to worry!! I've been on cruises where the forecast was yucky and it's been nice every day and ones where the forecast has been great and it's been cloudy!! You just never know!!

Brief showers (and an occasional storm) are pretty common. That's why they have all that lush greenery. We had a couple of heavy downpours in Cozumel before our dolphin swim and it was still raining when we got in the water. That didn't stop our fun! :)

If it makes you feel any better this will be my 4th and I'm freakin' out looking at the forecasts and I KNOW it's hit or miss! It always rains when I'm in Grand Cayman for about 20 minutes in the afternoon and then it's gorgeous again. The rain seriously doesn't last long, as another poster said :) Don't worry, your cruise will be beautiful! (I'll pray for you when I pray to the weather Gods for my good weather :p)

Just one more to help you out, just got back from the Valor on 6/12. Weather forecast called for rain every day, every port, 80% chance. We did not see a drop of rain and the sun shined the entire time:D

I just posted a thread about this to ease the mind of my boyfriend who is worried and sad about the weather forecast and TOTALLY forgort about this thread. Sorry!

It's REALLY good to see that y'all didn't have rain when it forecast for 80%. I'll have to tell him to read this thread so he'll feel better!

Archived