Cooler

hockeypapa

WHAT IS THE BEST AND CHEAPEST POP UP COOLER TO TAKE ON A CRUISE???:eek: WHRE DID YOU BUY YOURS AND THE COST OF IT:p THANKING EVERYONE FOR THE INFO IN ADVANCE :rolleyes:

First of all, unlock your "Caps Lock". USING ALL CAPS IS SHOUTING! Second, "Best" & "Cheapest" don't exactly go together. You should be able to find a collapsible soft-sided cooler (within the ship's specs. of 12" x 12" x 12") for under $10.00 at most discount stores (Walmart, Target, K-Mart, Meijer). Third, to reduce leaking, put the ice in a heavy duty zip lock bag before putting it in your cooler. This will help reduce the melted ice from leaking out. When we need more ice for the cooler, I take the zip lock bag to the buffet area and get the ice myself. Saves me from having to track down the room steward.

Anyone have any experience with the ones that come with 4 beers that you can buy through Bon Voyage? I was thinking about getting my sister one. Is the beer the same cost through that vs just at a bar? She drinks Bud Light.

I purchased one for my son on the Paradise, it came with 4 plastic cups, he took the warm beer out and he traded it in at one of the bars for cold one's. :D

I don't think pricing is much different, but I didn't take my normal cooler, it has a hard insert that fits inside, I just carry that in my luggage, thinking we would just use this Bon Voyage one. Really didn't care for it, don't know if it was just the one we got, but every evening, after having it filled with ice all day, we would would have to wipe off the side table it was on because it would get wet, we finally just kept a towel under it.

I did purchase the gift basket once that had champagne/towel/shirts/coupons/visors, really liked that one.

I purchased one for my son on the Paradise, it came with 4 plastic cups, he took the warm beer out and he traded it in at one of the bars for cold one's. :D

I don't think pricing is much different, but I didn't take my normal cooler, it has a hard insert that fits inside, I just carry that in my luggage, thinking we would just use this Bon Voyage one. Really didn't care for it, don't know if it was just the one we got, but every evening, after having it filled with ice all day, we would would have to wipe off the side table it was on because it would get wet, we finally just kept a towel under it.

I did purchase the gift basket once that had champagne/towel/shirts/coupons/visors, really liked that one.

Thanks for the info!

Anyone have any experience with the ones that come with 4 beers that you can buy through Bon Voyage? I was thinking about getting my sister one. Is the beer the same cost through that vs just at a bar? She drinks Bud Light.

I get one of these every time I cruise. I think they are great and I have my room steward keep it full of ice. Beer is the same price I guess the package includes the cooler koozies and cups.

Archived