Cave Tubing through carnival?

AKardys

Hi there!

I believe all the tours (including the tour/guides hired by Carnvial) all begin at the same van parking lot/changing room stations, which is where you change your clothes (if you need to), use the bathroom facilities before you head in, get your tube assigned to you, etc.

In answer to your question, once you have changed into your swim/tubing clothes, they lock all your belongs that can't get wet into the van you arrived in. There are a number of other vans, all doing the same thing, and though I wasnt with Carnvial specific tour (I was with a Coral Breeze tour), it seemed that all different operators were doing the same thing, and I did not feel worried about my "possessions" in the slightest.

Check out my (rather long) thread about my trip with Coral Breeze, which may give you some additional information about Cave Tubing in general!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=174485

We booked with regtours and everything was locked in the van. We paid $50 each and our group had 6 people and 2 guides. Why pay $90 and be with a group of 25 or more? Please read my review of Regtours.

I haven't decided yet if I am going to do cave tubing. I hear ya on going for the cheaper one the only thing im concerned about it I've been reading that belize is having a problem getting into at a certain time and tendering problems too. Thanks for all your imformation.

When you get to the cave tubing site where do you put all your belongings since you cant take a back with you cause it will get wet?

We did the cave tubing with Carnival. Wear your swim suit under your clothes and leave your items on the bus. The driver of the bus will stay and keep your items safe. My husband wore a water proof case around his neck with our money and id. There is a place to change into/out of your suits but it was very crowded the day we were there so we just put our clothes back on over our suits. The bus was nice and had a/c. We stopped for lunch and it was good food. Hope you have a good time. We did!

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't decided yet if I am going to do cave tubing. I hear ya on going for the cheaper one the only thing im concerned about it I've been reading that belize is having a problem getting into at a certain time and tendering problems too. Thanks for all your imformation.

We just got back from being on the Elation and did the cave tubing with X-Stream and had a wonderful time. We were an hour late arriving for our excursion due to having to wait for Carnivals excursions to leave and us having to get our tender tickets. Even though we were an hour late due to Carnival changing to Belize time, the people with X-stream were there waiting for us. The guides (JP & JR) were wonderful. They explained all about Belize and the rainforest. The cave tubing part is an experience. While we were there they had gotten a lot of rain so the river was up and the current faster than normal. Our group had one mishap along the way but all was fine. Only lost a set of eyeglasses, a shoe, and a couple head lamps. The walk through the jungle is interesting but slick when wet. We throughly enjoyed ourselves and would highly recommend it. Oh by the way JP & JR got us back to the tenders 2 hrs before the last one left, which gave us time to shop and look around. So don't worry about missing the last tender.:)

Archived