Needing a place to run

buckeyefan10

My sister and I sailing on Dream out of Port Canaveral. We are staying at the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach the night before and I was wondering if there was a good place to run close by. I was hoping since the hotel is ocean front that there may be a boardwalk or something like that. I would really like to get a run in before we set sail ;) Thanks!

Hi. I'm from Ohio also. I've stayed in Cocoa Beach many times. I've run on the beach and really enjoyed it. It depends on the tide. Sometimes the sand is very hard and it's like running on dirt trails back home. My husband was able to ride a bike on the sand, it was so hard. Other times the sand way just too soft and I couldn't do more than a mile out. There are sidewalks all the way on the A1A. I ran 12 miles one morning during marathon training. 6 miles on the A1A and 6 miles back on the beach. The Dream is a great ship. Enjoy your trip

Archived